Camping delights

Old August 15th 05, 10:08 PM
yoopers

Default Camping delights

innes wrote:
*I was thinking about how small you could pack down a unicycle for
traveling, and I found these folding pedals: 'Folding pedals'
(http://tinyurl.com/ao7re)

They are very expensive, but there could be some others out there that
are cheaper. It would be a good way to pack up a unicycle, and
reassemble it with out any tools. You could use a quick release for
the seat post, and fold the pedals, and it wouldn't take up that much
room.

Innes *

I guess I don't understand the "no tools" part. It's very easy to pack
a small assortment of tools in suitcases, they really don't take up a
lot of room. So instead of spending gadzillions on folding pedals for
each uni, one of these is about $20 and one tool can be used for
different unicycles. I have one. It's a worthy investment.

| Attachment filename: parkpw1pedal.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/348728|

yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards

`_______
/L ,[____],
L---L –0LLLLLLL0-
()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them
from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone
happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can
assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
unicycledude93: Yoopers
Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys

yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Old August 15th 05, 11:28 PM
Mikefule

We need to be careful here. A unicycle tyre contains a combustible
substance under pressure. A spanner can give someone quite a nasty
bruise. Whilst it would be comparatively easy to sneak a suitcase full
of hard drugs and a pair of explosive shoes into the Whitehouse or the
Palace of Westminster, security may balk at allowing a unicycle onto a
plane!

Joking apart, Cathwood, make sure you let the air out of your tyre. The
aircraft hold will be at low pressure. It's only about 5 - 10 psi
difference, but quite sudden, and you don't want any nasty banging
noises as you take off. Don't try to carry tools or a pump etc. in your
hand luggage as they will be stopped and confiscated by security.
Baggage handlers do NOT treat baggage with tender concern as if it were
their own, so pack the unicycle carefully.

Lastly, we all demand photos of you unicycling in Turkey, complete with
yashmak, cheap carpet, and cup of incredibly strong sweet coffee. Extra
bonus points if you're carrying a Greek flag.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

http://www.dolphin-morris.co.uk/

Old August 15th 05, 11:34 PM
innes

yoopers wrote:
*I guess I don't understand the "no tools" part.
B *

I was thinking about being able to pack a unicycle in my car or my van
at work, where it wouldn't take up much room, and it would be very quick
to set up, I know you can take on and off pedals with a spanner, I think
you missed the point a bit.

Innes

--
innes - Unicyclist
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123

Old August 16th 05, 11:23 AM
cathwood

Mikefule wrote:
[...]

I'll do my best.

thanks for the tyre advice. I took the uni to Morrocco in April. I
didn't know about letting the tyre down. It could have been nasty!

Cathy

--
cathwood - Lunicyclist

A thought is just a thought.

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old August 16th 05, 02:39 PM
GILD

cathwood wrote:
*Mind you, there are a few on the way at the circus club.*

never underestimate the power of a single, comitted, evangelical
(http://tinyurl.com/ao7re)*

there is also the 'the clip-on option' (http://tinyurl.com/a92fe)

'more affordable folding pedals' (http://tinyurl.com/dqpwz)

and 'less affordable clip-ons' (http://tinyurl.com/7d83j)

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old August 16th 05, 09:52 PM
munidobs

Mikefule wrote:
* Extra bonus points if you're carrying a Greek flag. *

--
munidobs - Level - probably not !

"We have a firm commitment to Nato; we are a part of Nato. We have a
firm commitment to Europe. We are part of Europe." George Dubya
munidobs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8790

Old August 17th 05, 01:39 AM
andrew_carter

Mikefule wrote:
*Don't try to carry tools or a pump etc. in your hand luggage as they
will be stopped and confiscated by security.*

I took my trials uni on a plane a while back and in my naive ignorance
of the great danger of plane hijacking I took a big heavy socket
wrench in my backpack. I think they found it funny that I even
attempted to take it with me onto the plane.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*
___________
WE WORK ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS*?*
NO*,* MONEY DOWN*!*

Old August 17th 05, 02:41 PM
sarah.miller

Have to disagree on the deflateing the trye for air travel issue. most
unis a`re only a low pressure tyre and most people have no more than
60psi in them. An inflated trye protects the rim better than a flat one.
If its in a suitcase its not an issue and you can do what you like, no
one will know how much air is in the trye.

sarah
frequent uni flyer.

--
sarah.miller - SWUM unicyclist

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old August 17th 05, 06:31 PM
cathwood

Ah, one of the things I love about this forum is if one person thinks
one thing, then the next person will thing the opposite. I guess the
thing is that there are few absolute certainties in unicycling. You can
just do whatever you want.

Cathy

Old August 17th 05, 06:37 PM
Mikefule

cathwood wrote:
*Ah, one of the things I love about this forum is if one person thinks
one thing, then the next person will think the opposite.
*

Oh, I don't agree with that.

bicycle camping C.J.Patten General 136 June 17th 05 12:12 PM
OT camping on usenet DDEckerslyke UK 8 April 4th 05 06:39 PM
Camping in Moab nbrazzi Unicycling 12 March 17th 05 06:12 AM
WTB: Decent 1-man Tent for Bike Camping Tony B UK 38 August 30th 04 10:16 PM
Tips for first overnight camping MTB trip Trevor S Australia 14 August 16th 03 05:00 PM