180 unispin. go me.

Old August 15th 05, 12:30 AM
markf

Default 180 unispin. go me.

i finally landed one! i'm super pumped. granted i tried about 10 more
times and only landed one more, but i'm still excited. just needed to
share with some people who'd understand.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old August 15th 05, 12:40 AM
redhead

Any tips for learning it?

--
redhead - South Florida's Unicycle Club
redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985

Old August 15th 05, 01:05 AM
James_Potter

awesome!!
congratulations!!
go you!!

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old August 15th 05, 01:36 AM
flyer

that's super-awesome. I managed to freemount my impossible wheel today,
so I know how you're feeling

go us!

(I am jealous of your unispin abilities)

--
flyer - Level 5 Unicyclist
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

Old August 15th 05, 03:33 AM
burjzyntski

I've been practicing the 180° unispin and 90° pedal-to-tire for the past
week or so, and have only been successful with the latter. I just need
to practice, practice, practice.

As I'm on my computer some nights, watching uni videos, I like to take
out my uni and practice in my room

--
burjzyntski - thejoeb

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

"Every silver lining has a touch of gray."
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

Old August 15th 05, 03:59 AM
kapoute

damn your lucky i worked 2 days on 180 unispin never landed once

--
kapoute - Street/Trial unicyclist

I try to be funny here... but It doesnt work

Julien Renaud

kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Old August 15th 05, 04:04 AM
Mojoe

way to go Mark!!

--
Mojoe - Move to Iceland

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

My Dad used to beat me with his PC.
http://ubergeek.tv/article.php?pid=55
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old August 15th 05, 05:21 AM
jsm

Yesterday I rode out of a backward coast. It was only about ten feet,
but it still felt great. I also rode out of stand-up wheel walk backward
for the first time. That great feeling I get whenever I nail something
really good is probably what's addicted me to freestyle riding.
Congratulations on your first level ten skill!

--
jsm - Sunset Side Ride

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old August 15th 05, 05:08 PM

Whereabouts in Iowa do you live? If your anywhere close to des moines
you should come down to greys lake and mess around with a few of us.

Old August 16th 05, 01:34 AM
markf

probably. there's quite a club at ISU(i live in ames). are you the nick
that goes(went) to DMACC and come to juggling club? if so, "hi". if
not"hello anyway.

tips for learning it:
don't worry so much about the landing at first. i'm not real solid but
landed 2 more (of about 10 tries) today. just get your feet out of the
way of the uni, spin it really fast, then get your feet back towards the
pedals. landing on the cranks is the only way i've landed it, managed to
get back on the pedals and ride seat out briefly today. also keep the
uni under you. in earlier attempts i would basically keep my front hand
in the same place and pivot the uni around that point, resulting in it
being farther away from my body, and thus almost impossible to land.
that's all i can think of.

270 unispin James_Potter Unicycling 6 June 11th 05 04:35 AM
360 unispin to seat in wogri Unicycling 3 March 14th 05 07:42 AM
Rolling Hop Unispin? Unispin Grind? Catboy Unicycling 27 December 30th 04 01:03 AM
A single tip for unispin attempters fluffinator007 Unicycling 18 January 2nd 04 08:28 PM
Unispin! 10 minutes! aust Unicycling 14 November 15th 03 09:37 PM