Riding because you shot off your mouth...

Old November 5th 04, 04:13 AM
Max

Default Riding because you shot off your mouth...

At work on Wednesday the veterans' listserv popped a message about
how we should put those little yellow ribbon magnets on our cars "to
show we care".

I opined that instead of slapping a chinese-made magnet on a Monster
Truck (ok, i don't have a monster truck, but...) i would rather show my
support by pedalling my bike to work, as i have 24/7/365 since 9-11,
rain shine or snow...

You'da thought i had tried to banish them to ... someplace w/o NASCAR
from the wailing. It's possible that my referrence to commuting in
from Hooterville was misunderstood...

Of course, today it rained... and i absolutely felt compelled to put my
ripply little butt where my mouth ... er, had um...... been talking.
about.

It was a fine ride, all the better to make a point of it. One guy was
mad that i rode in -- cost him $5. What a dope! Neener at them all.

..max

(i followed with a statistical breakdown -- about 15 or so barrels
saved, ~350 gallons not used). The estimate is systematically low by
about 25% to 40%, based on side trips never taken in the car, but those
are harder to quantify, so i left them out.

--
the part of
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p
Old November 5th 04, 05:59 AM
Michael

Max wrote:

At work on Wednesday the veterans' listserv popped a message about
how we should put those little yellow ribbon magnets on our cars "to
show we care".

SNIP
--
the part of
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p

Yeah. What's up with putting one of those silly things on the shiny new
family bus (or anything, for that matter)? I asked a Marine who had
been in Eye-Rack if he and his buds got a rush from the yellow loops
people were sticking on their gas burners. He laughed.
Old November 5th 04, 10:02 PM
R.White

Max wrote in message ...
At work on Wednesday the veterans' listserv popped a message about
how we should put those little yellow ribbon magnets on our cars "to
show we care".

I opined that instead of slapping a chinese-made magnet on a Monster
Truck (ok, i don't have a monster truck, but...) i would rather show my
support by pedalling my bike to work, as i have 24/7/365 since 9-11,
rain shine or snow...

Not that it matters, but all the yellow magnets I have seen in stores
were made in the USA. (Yeah, I checked because I thought of the irony
too) Maybe a bike flag that read "I'm not using terrorist oil" would
sell?