Considering Upgrade to Giant Anthem Frame

Old October 10th 06, 08:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Considering Upgrade to Giant Anthem Frame

I currently ride a Trek 8500 (not standard spec) - I built the bike
up with mostly LX components. I'm exclusively a XC rider . I'm
considering upgrading to a dual suspension. I visited local (South
Africa) cycle shops and 2 frames kind of stood out: the Giant Anthem
and BMC Fourstroke 3 - they basically cost the same as well. I'm in a
bit of a jam and not really shure which rout to go. I know that the
Giant is exclusively built for XC racing, but I'm not sure about the
BMC (has a bit more travel at the back). I haven't test-ridden the
bikes and would like to do so at some stage. Anybody have any ride
experience on these frames? Any other reccommended frames?

Thanks
Marcel

Advice for painting rim abbabibble Unicycling 16 September 21st 06 08:33 PM
Frame upgrade Javier Techniques 21 January 7th 06 03:19 PM
FS: Giant WARP DS1 frame rocketman58 Marketplace 0 December 11th 03 08:13 AM
Newbie Question... Mountain bike for $300 Nat Xavier Mountain Biking 9 September 15th 03 01:01 AM