Atlanta Unicycle Club

Old November 22nd 03, 05:47 AM
bugman

Default Atlanta Unicycle Club

This is still a very informal club, but they have been meeting fairly
regularly. I just got an e-mail from John and we are meeting at Lovett
High School on Sunday the 23rd of November. We are meeting from 2:30 to
4:30.

"We will be practicing juggling and have members from the Atlanta
Jugglers
Club doing demos and giving pointers. This is a great opportunity to
get
great training from some of the best jugglers in the country.

Please RSVP to this e-mail this weekend so we know who to look for on
Sunday. Also, please remember your helmet and wrist guards. Helmets
are
REQUIRED for riding on campus."

** Also, we will be joined by World Champion Artistic Freestyle
Unicyclist
Dustin Kelm and his wife, Katie. Dustin will be demonstrating some
very
advanced skills. Bring your video cameras!

If you need more info, contact me and I will forward the e-mail to you.
If you are in the Atlanta area, or even close this would be a great
opportunity to see an incredible Unicyclist!!!

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Old April 8th 04, 03:46 PM
citimaker

I read your post. you said unicycle club was in november, but do you
all meet anymore? i live in augusta, ga, but my brother, father, and
myself are all interested in finding people to ride with. thanx.

--
citimaker
citimaker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6115

Old April 8th 04, 04:33 PM
bugman

I havn't been to a meeting in a month or two, but they do still meet. I
will send you an e-mail with information on the yahoo account that they
use to send out messages. I also ride on a fairly regular basis at the
Yellow River Mtn Bike park on the east side of Atlanta. It is actually
near Stone Mtn Park. So we could always organise a ride there as well.

What type of riding do you do? There is also a few riders out of Athens
that have shown up to the AUC meetings. Chad

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

Old April 9th 04, 02:18 AM
reidj

Yes, if you or any other riders in the Atlanta area want to help get our
club off the ground please "private message" me or Bugman. He and I are
equally obsessed with unicycling. I dream of the day that we have enough
riders for the club to have a weekly basketball or hockey game. There is
a very organized juggling club in town and we are going to work with
them to grow our club. - Reid

--
reidj - Looking for a uni-basketball game
reidj's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5755

Old April 15th 04, 05:38 PM
citimaker

My brother and i started only a few months ago. this july i am leaving
to utah for college, but my brother will still be here and is interested
in clubs. We have both become obsessed with unicycling, and while we
are still in our early stages, we are progressing. I am quite
interested in finding a good place in the augusta/atlanta area where i
can get a good, but somewhat cheap mountain unicycle. i am hoping for
one for a graduation present. do you know any reliable places. thank
you for your help. also, my brother, dad and i would be honored to do
some riding with a few of you in atlanta just to hear about your
experience and get some tips that could help us. thanks again.
boston

Old April 15th 04, 06:17 PM
Tom Holub

In article list.com,
citimaker m wrote:
)
)are still in our early stages, we are progressing. I am quite
)interested in finding a good place in the augusta/atlanta area where i
)can get a good, but somewhat cheap mountain unicycle. i am hoping for
)one for a graduation present. do you know any reliable places.

unicycle.com is located in Marietta, GA:
http://www.unicycle.com/About.asp
-Tom

Old April 22nd 04, 06:09 PM
citimaker

hey guys,
just wanted to see if there is a chance of my brother, father, and
myself getting out to atlanta to meet up with anyone to go unicycling.
We are all interested in hearing about other people's adventures and
setting out on our own. I am quite interested in a mountain uni, so i
am very excited to hear other's thoughts and ideas on which kind to buy
and what i should look for. thanks, y'all!

Old April 22nd 04, 07:46 PM
bugman

citimaker wrote:
*hey guys,
just wanted to see if there is a chance of my brother, father, and
myself getting out to atlanta to meet up with anyone to go unicycling.
We are all interested in hearing about other people's adventures and
setting out on our own. I am quite interested in a mountain uni, so i
am very excited to hear other's thoughts and ideas on which kind to
buy and what i should look for. thanks, y'all! *

There is a Muni ride on Saturday starting at the Collum Drive parking
lot of the Chatahoochee River Park. For more details you can contact
me. For directions you can e-mail chad at bugspray.com or you can call
678 357 7072. I can get you to either meeting. Good chance at one or
both the owners of unicycle.com will be there. You will also have a
chance to ride a variety of unicycles including my KH24 and Summit 20".
I will be there on Saturday.

Also from an e-mail I got today... For Sunday, we will meet at Lovett
at 2:00. E-mail me for directions. My cell
number is 770-861-1592 and Reid's is 404-944-4513. We will ride from 2
until 4:00.
We can't meet late because Steve has a meeting at 5:00. Reid would like
to talk
more about some organization and we have GOT to find a meeting place as
this will
be the last time we can meet at Lovett. We need to meet in a public
place preferably
and I would like to see us meet weekly. I think in the hot summer,
Saturday morning
may be best.
We also need to talk about parades and see what unicycle .com thinks
about that.
I would like for us to get t-shirts and wanted to see if unicycle.com
would be interested
in sponsoring the shirts for us in part. I may or may not be there
Sunday as my
daughter is performing. My husband will bring Jamie if I can't be
there.
We will get an organized game together for Sunday. If you are
interested, in helping
with any of this e-mail me and we will go from there.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

Old April 23rd 04, 04:51 AM
bugman

Saturdays Ride Info

The meeting time is 12:30. The location is Columns
Drive parking lot at the Chattahoochee River Park. Directions from
Atlanta.
Take I-75North
Go I-285 East
Get off at Riverside Drive Exit and take a Left. Stay on that Road
until you come
to a light at Johnson Ferry Rd.
Turn Left and cross the Chatahoochee River.
Turn Left onto Columns Dr. Stay on it until it dead ends into a parking
lot.

So far Reid and Rex Mayne and his son are planning on being there.
Rex's son will be riding a Muni and Rex will be on a Trek Muni
modified with an extra wheel and 21 gears. I have sent info out to
several others that may show up. I will let you know. If you need more
info call me. Cell 678-357-7072
Have fun, sorry I couldn't be there. I look forward to seeing you
Sunday though.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

Old April 23rd 04, 12:42 PM
Tmornstar

I am SO there!

See you tomorrow!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 11:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 08:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM