New Unicycle types!

Old October 11th 03, 12:27 AM
XWonka

Default New Unicycle types!

Here are some awesome ideas for New unicycles. We're all familiar with
Cokers, Giraffes, Ultimate wheels, Impossible wheels, kangaroos,
eccentric wheels, recumbent unicycles, and even multi wheels. So I’ll do
my part to further the sport and pitch these new types that I hope may
one day be manufactured, sold, bought, and ridden.

*The Extremely Impossible wheel:* This Unicycle is just a tire, rim,
spokes, and hub, ridden by running backwards while balancing on top of
the wheel.

*The Pepsier:* this unicycle is similar to a Coker, but better tasting.

*The Stair Master:* Similar to a normal unicycle, except the wheel is
built with a 90 degree angle cut out of it, allowing for perpendicular,
rather than parallel, stair climbing. This also is good for hanging on
to ledges easier.

*The Profile:* a profile hub with a profile wheel, frame, saddle, etc.
What this unicycle is is what you’d get if you gut a unicycle in half
(profile… get it?) The best part is that you can make two of them from
one normal unicycle. Better work on you one foot extended riding! He he
he he!

*The Bombproof:* the profile hub got me thinking, “What’s the point of
having a bombproof hub if the rest of the unicycle isn’t?” The frame on
this unicycle will be around two inches thick, solid. The Wheel will be
one medal disk three inches think. Of course the saddle will also be
solid metal. It’s expected to weigh about 60 pounds and cost around five
thousand dollars.

*The Seuss-Cycle:* this unicycle has a chain driven wheel, much like a
giraffe. The rider is seated completely off center of the wheel, usually
somewhere around thirty feet off of the ground. The frame branches off
in awkward curves which also hold platforms that hold thinks like
fishbowls, plates of toast, elephants, and miniature acrobats used to
counter balance the weight of the rider. An option would be for the
rider to wear a helmet with a small wheel connected to it, so incase the
cycle tips over the rider can continue moving while balancing on his
head. It is usually customary to do some sort of cumbersome activity,
such as eating breakfast or building a ship in a bottle, while on this
unicycle.

*The “Bi”-Cycle:* The frame of this unicycle branches out to hold
another piece of equipment that has handlebars and another fork coming
down to another wheel. This piece can swivel in the frame allowing the
rider to steer using this extra wheel with his hands. It is also
believed that this may be easier to balance on since the third dimension
is taken out.

Feel Free to submit you own ideas! Hooray!

--
XWonka - Look! It's Me!

[image: http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/xwonk...yclemanad.gif]
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

Old October 11th 03, 02:41 AM
hell-on-wheel

XWonka wrote:
*
The Seuss-Cycle:* this unicycle has a chain driven wheel, much like
a giraffe. The rider is seated completely off center of the wheel,
usually somewhere around thirty feet off of the ground. The frame
branches off in awkward curves which also hold platforms that hold
thinks like fishbowls, plates of toast, elephants, and miniature
acrobats used to counter balance the weight of the rider. An option
would be for the rider to wear a helmet with a small wheel connected
to it, so incase the cycle tips over the rider can continue moving
while balancing on his head. It is usually customary to do some sort
of cumbersome activity, such as eating breakfast or building a ship in
a bottle, while on this unicycle.

I'm still laughing! Thanks, it's been a rough day.

--
hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

"Hey buddy, are you alright?"
"No, I'm half left too."
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

Old October 11th 03, 03:19 AM
uni57

XWonka wrote:
*The Bombproof:* the profile hub got me thinking, “What’s the point
of having a bombproof hub if the rest of the unicycle isn’t?” The
frame on this unicycle will be around two inches thick, solid. The
Wheel will be one medal disk three inches think. Of course the saddle
will also be solid metal. It’s expected to weigh about 60 pounds and
cost around five thousand dollars.

How about:

*The Presidential Unicycle*: This is similar to The Bombproof, except
that it truly is bomb-proof. Armor-plated by 'O'Gara'
(http://www.ogara-hess.com/Frameset.html), the company that has been
making the armored US Presidential Limousines since World War II, this
unicycle can survive a grenade blast. With optional blinding
headlights, ram bumper, and run flat tire, you can feel extra safe,
whether you are a head of state, corporate executive, or just someone
who wants to unicycle in complete safety. Secret Service protection is
NOT available.

Dave Lowell (uni57)

[please, please, please -- no political comments... please?]

--
uni57 - David C. Lowell

'Tis the season to be MUni...
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

Old October 11th 03, 04:40 AM
James_Potter

XWonka wrote:
*The Pepsier:* this unicycle is similar to a Coker, but better
tasting.

I think -that- would be a matter of opinion....

--
James_Potter - Order of Merlin, first class

That MUni trip was swell,
but now the swelling is going down.

Old October 11th 03, 05:06 AM
daino149

James_Potter wrote:
*

I think -that- would be a matter of opinion.... *

More like a flat out lie!

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

Old October 11th 03, 06:18 AM
supertones

LOL, those are funny good ideas, how about a really little unicycle
called " sprite"? or one that sprays water called " seirra mist"? but
if it made the unicycle all wet I guess it would have to be " mountain
dew"....... hmmmm.....

--
supertones
supertones's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4499

Old October 11th 03, 07:16 AM
XWonka

James_Potter wrote:
*

I think -that- would be a matter of opinion.... *

Calm down, kid. "Like a coker except it tases worse" just dosn't sound
good.
Plus that really is a trivial opinion to even bring up.

Old October 11th 03, 10:24 PM
joona

uni57 wrote:
*How about:

The Presidential Unicycle*: This is similar to The Bombproof,
except that it truly is bomb-proof. Armor-plated by 'O'Gara'
(http://www.ogara-hess.com/Frameset.html), the company that has been
making the armored US Presidential Limousines since World War II, this
unicycle can survive a grenade blast. With optional blinding
headlights, ram bumper, and run flat tire, you can feel extra safe,
whether you are a head of state, corporate executive, or just someone
who wants to unicycle in complete safety. Secret Service protection
is NOT available.

Dave Lowell (uni57)

[please, please, please -- no political comments... please?]

How wonderful would this be? I would just love to roll through some mine
fields with a bombproof unicycle. I would really feel safe if I knew
nothing would happen to my beloved unicycle. Maybe I will build this in
case someone starts a new world war. At least there would be something
left for all those people who survive the nuclear blasts.

--
joona - )-O --Neat

Real men use the same razor to shave their beard and legs
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Old October 12th 03, 12:14 AM
unarueda

there`s my idea for the not-so-impossible wheel...pretty much the same
without the freewheeling...

--
unarueda - teaching the dark art of unicycling
unarueda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4324

Old October 12th 03, 12:47 AM
uni57

*The i.5* : A Harper-geared Impossible Wheel -- for those who like to
coast -really fast-.

Dave Lowell (uni57)

(please do not point out that this does not make sense...)

--
uni57 - David C. Lowell

'Tis the season to be MUni...
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

WTB: Used Unicycle (26" or 24")... Carl Barrentine Unicycling 14 October 11th 03 10:46 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM
Grouch Marx on a unicycle John Hooten Unicycling 3 October 2nd 03 05:27 PM
I Must Have The Best All Purpose Unicycle XWonka Unicycling 16 July 28th 03 03:42 AM