Red Menace 36 update

Old August 27th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

Default Red Menace 36 update

Well, after being distracted with non-uni projects all Summer, I finally
decided a few weeks ago to finish my final design version of The Red
Menace. It has a choice of 5 different gear ratios using common
bicycle granny rings. The transmission is my smoothest version yet.
Less chain tension and no crank play whatsoever. And a Hope Mono disc
brake setup, chosen specifically because the Mono had a reputation as a
sucky bike disc, and true to form, works just wonderfully on the 36"
wheel with no grabbing and great modulation. The paint is a red fading
slightly to brighter on the top. The only part remaining to be added
is the super-secret custom road saddle, in red snakeskin, from the
world's finest saddle maker.

|Filename: 36RedMenace.v4.SideRight.jpg |

unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

Old August 27th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

And here's the trans. I have pretty much reached the design limit, with
the chain centerlines only 1.0" apart.

|Filename: 36RedMenace.v4.JackFront.jpg |

Old August 27th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniMOG

*_WOW__*It is a beauty

--
UniMOG

You live only once
UniMOG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12409

Old August 27th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniTyler

Looks wonderful, Pete!

--
UniTyler

-"...all we are saying, is give peace a chance..."-
-John Lennon
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old August 27th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

I want that uni...

Thats so awesome...

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
maxisback wrote:
yeh i kill ppl for a living

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old August 27th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

That looks closer to a bike than most uni's... major frame going on
there. Yep.

--
forrestunifreak

dudewithasock wrote:
wait, so... Your dads your mom, and so is Carson?

*'My gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
Unicycle for Christ
*Banana's for Jesus!*

Old August 27th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

Wow, function and form come together so beautifully.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken ... a recreational unicycle enthusiast... Please wear a helmet!
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Old August 27th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
teachndad

... um, Gulp

Wow!

Are those Carbon Fiber cranks?

Cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greate...Angeles-Trails)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

Old August 27th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

Ha ha ha...I got to be the second human to ride this baby after Pete
christened it in my neighborhood today. I am here to testify that it is
one sweet machine, and if anything rides better than it looks, which is
saying a lot. Pete is a guy who likes his engineering precise, and it
really shows in this latest and finest example of his design. Purple
Phaze is nice, but this is nicer.

The gearing today was 1:1.4, giving it an effective 50" wheel size. I
wish I could have had more time to get comfortable with the gearing and
really crank it up, but I was pretty timid. After a summer of direct
drive coker cranking in prep for the 'MS-150'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=51208), the gearing
felt really strange, even with the ride being super smooth. The uni
wasn't jerky, but I sure was. Still, I made it up the block and back
including a fairly tight u-turn, with no UPD.

Signing off now, while saying silent prayers I'll get another, longer
shot on the Red Menace sometime in the future.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

UNICYCLING to fight Multiple Sclerosis...click 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/px9q9) to help.

Old August 27th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Nice machine....I like the incorporation of the disc brake and how the
axle and the hub are now inline as opposed to sitting above it- the
lowered centre of gravity compared with Purple Phaze must make it more
stable at speed.

--
GizmoDuck

'SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)