World's Fastest Production Bike Terrorizes

Old September 11th 05, 08:18 AM
Cycle America

Default World's Fastest Production Bike Terrorizes

To see pictures of the bike below, go to :
http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/...es/000089.html

53 year old George Reynolds us blowing off the Cat 1 and 2 road bikes
again. In the Boston area on Saturday 8/24/05, he and his 190 pound
frame powered the rolling (10-12% grades), ten mile Charlie Baker Time
Trial (official
http://northeastbicycleclub.org/home...lts-08242005-c
lub-championship-2results) at an average speed of 28.34 miles an hour.
Hitting speeds well in excess of 40 mile an hour on the flats, he did
all of this on the recumbent bicycle his company, Reynolds Weld Lab,
manufactures for sale!. Called a Z-Bone, the bike features a nose cone
fairing, a tail fairing, rear suspension, a carbon fiber seat and two
700 x 28*wheelsets..

Learn more about it at: http://reynoldsweldlabs.com

--
54% of New York City households do not own cars

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms********
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor*
Can You Change it with Love?*
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y
Old September 11th 05, 12:30 PM
Laz

Sept 11, Terrorizes ????
Very poor taste. Who's the responsible ****head ?
Some people would walk over their dead mother just to sell you something,
looks like reynoldweldlabs.com is among those. I'll remember the name just
to ensure I never buy anything from them.

Laz

Old September 11th 05, 03:15 PM
Ernst Noch

Laz wrote:
Sept 11, Terrorizes ????
Very poor taste. Who's the responsible ****head ?
Some people would walk over their dead mother just to sell you something,
looks like reynoldweldlabs.com is among those. I'll remember the name just
to ensure I never buy anything from them.

Laz

How do you know this Spam is endorsed by that company?
Old September 11th 05, 04:09 PM
Bill Sornson

Ernst Noch wrote:
Laz wrote:
Sept 11, Terrorizes ????
Very poor taste. Who's the responsible ****head ?
Some people would walk over their dead mother just to sell you
something, looks like reynoldweldlabs.com is among those. I'll
remember the name just to ensure I never buy anything from them.

Laz

How do you know this Spam is endorsed by that company?

Sure looks like a "press release" piece to me. Did you click on the link?
"September 11" is pretty prominent, along with that unfortunate "headline".
Coincidence? Or just really, really bad taste?

Old September 11th 05, 05:29 PM
Andy Gee

Cycle America wrote in news:NBG-8FF8A1.00183111092005
@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

53 year old George Reynolds us blowing off the Cat 1 and 2 road bikes
again. In the Boston area on Saturday 8/24/05, he and his 190 pound
frame powered the rolling (10-12% grades), ten mile Charlie Baker Time
Trial (official
http://northeastbicycleclub.org/home...lts-08242005-c
lub-championship-2results) at an average speed of 28.34 miles an hour.

Go, Bents!

Good to see a guy even older than me on my preferred style of bike beat the
whipper-snappers.

--ag
Old September 11th 05, 05:54 PM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 09/11/2005 09:09 AM, in article ,
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Ernst Noch wrote:
Laz wrote:
Sept 11, Terrorizes ????
Very poor taste. Who's the responsible ****head ?
Some people would walk over their dead mother just to sell you
something, looks like reynoldweldlabs.com is among those. I'll
remember the name just to ensure I never buy anything from them.

Laz

How do you know this Spam is endorsed by that company?

Sure looks like a "press release" piece to me. Did you click on the link?
"September 11" is pretty prominent, along with that unfortunate "headline".
Coincidence? Or just really, really bad taste?

And Martin Krieg, aka " is a notoriously virulent
recumbent promoter and upright basher.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old September 11th 05, 06:59 PM
Dane Jackson

Default Recumbent advocacy Was: World's Fastest Production Bike Terrorizes

In rec.bicycles.misc Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

And Martin Krieg, aka " is a notoriously virulent
recumbent promoter and upright basher.

I'm just seeing replies to him, I guess I killfiled him eons ago.
Probably because all he does is post and runs. i.e. Post a link or
some press release and leave, not trying to actually start a thread
or worthwhile conversation.

A lot of the recumbent advocates remind me of some of the frothier
Linux advocates. I used to be more interested in 'bents until a
couple of them started frothing at the mouth in a discussion of
'bents versus uprights a while ago. Very unappealing and off
putting.

A nice contrast is Guy who twits people occasionally about riding
diamond frame bikes, but he comes off as amusing, not raving.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
You have all eternity to be cautious in when you're dead.
Old September 11th 05, 10:33 PM
Steven Bornfeld

Dane Jackson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

And Martin Krieg, aka " is a notoriously virulent
recumbent promoter and upright basher.

I'm just seeing replies to him, I guess I killfiled him eons ago.
Probably because all he does is post and runs. i.e. Post a link or
some press release and leave, not trying to actually start a thread
or worthwhile conversation.

A lot of the recumbent advocates remind me of some of the frothier
Linux advocates. I used to be more interested in 'bents until a
couple of them started frothing at the mouth in a discussion of
'bents versus uprights a while ago. Very unappealing and off
putting.

Was that "asshatchet" man?

Steve

A nice contrast is Guy who twits people occasionally about riding
diamond frame bikes, but he comes off as amusing, not raving.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl {\f0\fswiss\fcharset0
Arial;}}

Old September 11th 05, 11:55 PM
Bob

Bill Sornson wrote:
Ernst Noch wrote:
Laz wrote:
Sept 11, Terrorizes ????
Very poor taste. Who's the responsible ****head ?
Some people would walk over their dead mother just to sell you
something, looks like reynoldweldlabs.com is among those. I'll
remember the name just to ensure I never buy anything from them.

Laz

How do you know this Spam is endorsed by that company?

Sure looks like a "press release" piece to me. Did you click on the link?
"September 11" is pretty prominent, along with that unfortunate "headline".
Coincidence? Or just really, really bad taste?

In fairness to reynoldsweldlabs, the *company* website doesn't have
September 11 anywhere on it. You've confused M. Krieg's link with
theirs. All the trash he posts sounds like a press release because he
writes it that way. He thinks he's running a media empire. It's part of
his delusional world.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old September 12th 05, 12:08 AM
Bill Sornson

Bob wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Ernst Noch wrote:
Laz wrote:
[...]

You're right; I worded that poorly. It's "Recumbent News" or whatever it is
that showed bad taste. Thanks for the clarification.

Bill S.