new standards set in Masters Fattiedom

Old March 21st 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni[_3_]

Default new standards set in Masters Fattiedom

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3121345.story

After slowly but steadily working his way through a 26.2-mile course
drenched by driving rain, mammoth distance runner Kelly Gneiting finished
Sunday's Los Angeles Marathon in nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds,
probably establishing a Guinness world record for someone his size.

"I did it, but it was hell," Gneiting, 40, said, shortly after crossing the
finish line in Santa Monica. "Pure hell." Featured in a Times profile last
week, Gneiting is a former national champion sumo wrestler with a 60-inch
waist who weighed in just before the race at 400 pounds.

snipend

Old March 22nd 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3121345.story

After slowly but steadily working his way through a 26.2-mile course
drenched by driving rain, mammoth distance runner Kelly Gneiting
finished Sunday's Los Angeles Marathon in nine hours, 48 minutes and
52 seconds, probably establishing a Guinness world record for someone
his size.

"I did it, but it was hell," Gneiting, 40, said, shortly after
crossing the finish line in Santa Monica. "Pure hell." Featured in a
Times profile last week, Gneiting is a former national champion sumo
wrestler with a 60-inch waist who weighed in just before the race at
400 pounds.

snipend

What kind of wheels are we going to build him for his bicycle? I guess
tandem-ready, since he weighs about half again as much as me and my wife
put together.

-S-

Old March 22nd 11, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

On Mar 21, 2:10*pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3121345.story

After slowly but steadily working his way through a 26.2-mile course
drenched by driving rain, mammoth distance runner Kelly Gneiting finished
Sunday's Los Angeles Marathon in nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds,
probably establishing a Guinness world record for someone his size.

"I did it, but it was hell," Gneiting, 40, said, shortly after crossing the
finish line in Santa Monica. "Pure hell." Featured in a Times profile last
week, Gneiting is a former national champion sumo wrestler with a 60-inch
waist who weighed in just before the race at 400 pounds.

snipend

Say what you will, I think it's cool he did it. Good for him.

Fred
Old March 22nd 11, 08:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3121345.story
"I did it, but it was hell," Gneiting, 40, said, shortly after crossing the
finish line in Santa Monica. "Pure hell." Featured in a Times profile last
week, Gneiting is a former national champion sumo wrestler with a 60-inch
waist who weighed in just before the race at 400 pounds.

A perfect candidate for a Kunich carbon fork.
Old March 22nd 11, 11:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 21, 4:10*pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3121345.story

At the other end of the spectrum ...

http://masterstrack.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1647

"On Saturday March 19 in Los Corrales de Buelna has raced in 32:15.55,
a new world record for
10,000 meters M-55. (Previous record of Michael Hagger (GB) 32:27.7 )"

Cycle path standards marc UK 6 November 12th 07 01:37 PM
Masters Fattiedom run amok Kurgan Gringioni Racing 35 October 24th 05 08:16 AM
Australian Helmet standards Walrus Australia 33 September 20th 05 09:25 AM
h*lm*t standards where's the web site? Bryan UK 5 August 18th 05 09:52 AM
Driving standards Tom UK 20 February 11th 04 12:36 AM