Horrible ride ..

Old November 5th 11, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Default Horrible ride ..

Wet, cold, foggy, traffic everywhere, just a horrible, miserable ride.

OTOH, once out in the fields it was a bit better, almost ran over a
rabbit, it just didn't move!

Got very cold 'cos the undergrowth was so wet and I didn't have
waterproof shoes on today, of all days not to bother ..

Just had a shower and a hot chocolate and feel a lot more comfotable
now. Off out in the landrovers soon, probably gonna get even wetter,
certainly dirtier and probably far more expensive too ..

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Old November 5th 11, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 5, 11:21*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Wet, cold, foggy, traffic everywhere, just a horrible, miserable ride.

OTOH, once out in the fields it was a bit better, almost ran over a
rabbit, it just didn't move!

Got very cold 'cos the undergrowth was so wet and I didn't have
waterproof shoes on today, of all days not to bother ..

Just had a shower and a hot chocolate and feel a lot more comfotable
now. *Off out in the landrovers soon, probably gonna get even wetter,
certainly dirtier and probably far more expensive too ..

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Mark Cavendish, World Champion 2011.

No cycling today.
We were up ay 0700 and drove out to a 7mile long hilly route which
incorporates a time trial course I used to ride. It took us two hours
and I saw a couple of Hull Thursday riders along the way. Sadly when I
got back home at 1030 I got a call from work as someone had gone sick,
so here I am at work after driving in. At least I get the consolation
of a 120 quid call-in fee.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 5th 11, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 07:29:55 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

[...]

When you say you were up at 0700 - surely you mean that you were still up at
half past five having been up for two hours posting ****e on usenet?

What was wrong with the bike? Are you saying that it wasn't a viable form of
transport?

Ah yes - don't forget to tell us how well off you are.

120 quid - that's equivalent to twenty hour's work isn't it?

I wonder why so many of the psycholists here have to tell us how much they have spent on this thing or that thing.

I think it must be some sort of insecurity.

Old November 5th 11, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 5, 11:21*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Wet, cold, foggy, traffic everywhere, just a horrible, miserable ride.

OTOH, once out in the fields it was a bit better, almost ran over a
rabbit, it just didn't move!

Got very cold 'cos the undergrowth was so wet and I didn't have
waterproof shoes on today, of all days not to bother ..

Just had a shower and a hot chocolate and feel a lot more comfotable
now. *Off out in the landrovers soon, probably gonna get even wetter,
certainly dirtier and probably far more expensive too ..

We are going to Lincolnshire tomorrow to walk up the hill at Saxby All
Saints.
It is a 20% hill putting an end to the myth that Lincolnshire is flat.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 6th 11, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

He was probably up deciding what he was going to order his wife to wear and
sticking her instructions all over the house with post-it notes. No doubt
she's under strict orders not to leave the house or have any kind of fun
when he's not there. He sounds like the sort that would take the main
electricity MCB with him when he goes to work so that she has to sit in
silence and darkness until he comes home.

Old November 6th 11, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

**** me, it's party day every day with you isn't it?

Old November 6th 11, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 15:16:56 -0000, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Mind you - sitting in silence may be quite novel and also pleasant for her
Old November 6th 11, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Nov 5, 11:21 am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Wet, cold, foggy, traffic everywhere, just a horrible, miserable ride.

OTOH, once out in the fields it was a bit better, almost ran over a
rabbit, it just didn't move!

Got very cold 'cos the undergrowth was so wet and I didn't have
waterproof shoes on today, of all days not to bother ..

Just had a shower and a hot chocolate and feel a lot more comfotable
now. Off out in the landrovers soon, probably gonna get even wetter,
certainly dirtier and probably far more expensive too ..

?We are going to Lincolnshire tomorrow to walk up the hill at Saxby All

Saints.

It is a 20% hill putting an end to the myth that Lincolnshire is flat.

Here is the stunning view of the Humber from the south bank today.
90 minutes and 5 miles ticked off today.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/walknov.jpg

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

horrible creak Jon_H Techniques 9 December 18th 05 04:24 AM
Horrible Hundred Jim Rides 0 November 20th 04 10:08 PM
Horrible hundred Jim Racing 0 November 20th 04 02:46 AM
Horrible, horrible newbie question Moorish UK 18 June 29th 04 04:23 PM
Horrible weather Carol Hague UK 34 April 19th 04 10:13 PM