PNW supported tour?

Old January 2nd 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Claire Petersky

Default PNW supported tour?

Greetings:

My husband and I are looking for a supported tour, somewhere in the Pacific
NW (Oregon, Washington, or BC) for this summer. We're looking for 50 - 90
mile days for 5 - 7 days, something where they carry our luggage, provide
breakfast and dinner, maybe lunch. We can camp, we can stay in motels.

We've looked at:
- Tour BC (http://www.tourbc.net/)
- RAW (Ride Across Washington) (www.cascade.org/EandR/raw/index.cfm
- Washington Bicycle Ride (http://www.oregonbicycleride.org/index.php)
- Cycle Washington (http://www.adv-cycling.org/tours/2008nwqwest.cfm)

All of these would be fine, and in fact, I'd do Tour BC in a heartbeat
because we've done Tour BC before and really liked it, and this year's route
looks fab BUT...

....the other crucial factor is that the tour needs to be when our girls are
in summer camp. They always go to Camp Sealth, and they'd love to return
there (http://www.campfire-usa.org/camp/Schedule.pdf). We can't do any of
the ones listed above because they all are arching across two camp sessions,
and worse, when there's a couple days break between sessions, so we can't
even send them to a back-to-back set of sessions. The ideal situation would
be for the tour to be during Session 6-7 (August 7 - 16)

Now, we could do a self-supported tour, and if worse comes to worse, we'll
do that. But we'd still prefer a supported tour. However, if you can think
of a jim-fine route we could take basically straight from the door, we're
all ears. We're thinking maybe Vancouver Island? Or?

Ideas for us?

Thank you for all your suggestions.

--
Warm Regards,