My thanksgiving post

Old November 26th 03, 09:56 PM
MPD Blue

Default My thanksgiving post

I would like to share with you something that is read in our household
every night before bed.

These words are based upon The Thanksgiving Address, an ancient message
of peace and appreciation of Mother Earth and all her inhabitants.

These words come to us from the Native people known as the
Haudenosaunee, also known as the Iroquois or Six nations - Mohawk,
Oneida, Cayuga, Onondaga, Seneca and Tuscarora.

These words are still spoken at Cerimonial and Government gatherings
held by the Six nations. Children, too, ate taught to greet the world
each morning by saying thank you to all living things.

To be a human being is an honor and we offer thanksgiving for all the
gifts of life.

Mother Earth, we thank you for giving us everything we need.

Thank you deep blue waters around Mother Earth, for you are the force
that takes thirst away from all living things.

We give thanks to green grasses that feel so good against our bare feet,
for the cool beauty you bring to Mother Earth's floor.

Thank you good foods from Mother Earth, out life sustainers, for making
us happy when we are hungry.

Fruits and berries, we thank you for your color and sweetness. We are
all thankfull to good medicine herbs, for healing us when we are sick.

Thank you, all the animals of the world, for keeping our precious
forests clean.

All the trees in the world, we are thankfull for the shade and warmth
you give us.

Thank you all the birds in the world for singing your beautiful songs
for all to enjoy.

We give thanks to you gentle Four Winds, for bringing air for us to
breathe from the four directions.

Thank you Grandfather Thunder Beings, for bringing rains to help all
living things grow.

Elder Brotehr Sun, we send you thanks for sining your light and warming
Mother Earth.

Thank you Grandmother Moon for growing full every month to light the
darkness for the children and sparkling waters.

We give thanks, twinkling stars, for making the night sky so beautiful
and for sprinkling morning dew drops on the plants.

Spirit Protectors of our past and present, we thank you for showing us
ways to live in peace and harmony with one another.

And most of all, thank you Great Spirit, for giving us all these
wonderful gifts, so we will be happy and healthy every day and every night.
--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Old November 27th 03, 04:57 AM
Fredzep

"MPD Blue" wrote in message

That was cool. It reminded me of the speech Daniel Day Lewis gave in the
forest at night in "The Last of the Mohicans".

Fredzep

Old December 1st 03, 04:51 PM
Chris Glidden

"MPD Blue" wrote in
SNIP

Very nice John.

cg

OK to post here? SniffinVinyl General 3 April 22nd 04 05:00 AM
Postal Lottery: Turn $6 into $60,000 in 90 days, GUARANTEED Louis Mountain Biking 1 February 12th 04 03:00 AM
Cures for a slipping seat post? Slacker Mountain Biking 24 December 2nd 03 09:44 AM
protecting saddle + post from theft? Sanjay Punjab General 13 August 8th 03 02:27 PM