What did I do?

Old July 5th 05, 01:37 AM
podzol

Default What did I do?

I am an unofficial level 2 rider putting the brass tacks on levels 3 and
4 skills, I've never actually been tested.

I have been working on reducing my turning radius all summer.

Today I did something that felt completely different and really changed
the way things worked.

I would go into one of my usual choppy turns that looks more like some
kind of polygon with rounded corners. Today I concentrated on keeping my
pedaling smoother as I lean. While coming out of one of these really
choppy tight circles I lessened my lean but kept pedaling smoothly and
the unicycle just went around and around and around and around almost on
the spot while I pedaled smoothly and slowly with little lean at all.

I did this all afternoon 'til I did a nice UPD/roll. Ummmph! Time to
rest. I looked at the blacktop and it was covered with all these great
tight curly spirals in the dust from my new found skill.

So was I spinning? Is that what it was? It was really a cool feeling.

Thanks!
Blake

--
podzol - AKA Dr. BoBo
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

Old July 5th 05, 02:10 AM
sevenasterisks

If it felt toltally different from a normal tight circle, then it was
spinning. I agree it is a really cool feeling. I learned it a while
ago, and then I forgot how to do it, and now I am just re-learning it.
Now you can try to do it in the other direction

--
sevenasterisks - Mediocre Unicyclist
sevenasterisks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8632

Old July 5th 05, 02:12 AM
podzol

It did feel completely different. I could do it to the left quite
predictably with fewer preparatory regular turning style circles. I
managed to do it to the right a few times, then I bit it.

I'll keep at it so it sticks. It is a really cool feeling.

Thanks!