Giro di Lombardia

Old October 15th 04, 01:18 AM

or
better worse
---------------------------

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://www.getffox.com/
Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://www.gettbird.com/
Old October 15th 04, 01:44 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:06:09 +0200, "Kyle Legate"
wrote:

Warren wrote:
"Mapei81" wrote in message
I think The Cricket takes this one. Basso for the podium.

Sounds good, but what about Horner?

Maybe top 50, if he's lucky.

I'm no big Horner fan, when he was with FdJ he had a podium
appearance at the Tour of Lombardy.

So the (easy) quiz question is: what for?

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 15th 04, 03:58 AM
Bob Schwartz

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
I'm no big Horner fan, when he was with FdJ he had a podium
appearance at the Tour of Lombardy.

So the (easy) quiz question is: what for?

In 1997 FdJ won the World Cup team competition.

Bob Schwartz

Old October 15th 04, 06:24 AM
Tom Kunich

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
Last world cup race ever, next Saturday. Looks like a nice crit around
Lake Como. Can't wait! Site with course plan and elevation maps at
http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Mini...iro_lombardia/

I think that an Argentine is going to win.

Old October 15th 04, 06:07 PM
Papai Digital

"Kyle Legate" legatuni-berlin.de...
Warren wrote:
"Mapei81" ...
I think The Cricket takes this one. Basso for the podium.

Sounds good, but what about Horner?

Maybe top 50, if he's lucky.

I will surprised if Horner does worse than a top 15.
He'll do pretty well.

Bettini to suck Rebillin's wheel too...

-Ken
Old October 15th 04, 06:34 PM
K. Gringioni

Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote in message ...
Faster Bordello schreef:

only question really ios does Rebellin place high enough over Bettini to
pick up a set of rainbows.... (ok so it's not realy a rainbow but you
get hte point.)

see, this is how an artefact like the World Cup devaluates the finest races on
earth. Calculation and points racing don't fit the spirit of classics

Dumbass -

You are correct.

Bettini and Rebellin's battle opens the race up quite a bit for
everyone else.

This seems to be a frequent occurence in Lombardia. I remember one
year (was it Bartoli?), the leader of the WC driving his 4 man break
along, doing all the work, so he could win the WC (the other WC
contenders were not in the break). Naturally, he had no chance in the
sprint and obviously he would not have ridden in that fashion if there
were no WC.

Just an anecdote to support Bart's point.

K. Gringioni.
Old October 16th 04, 11:44 AM
Robert Chung

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
---------------------------
Rebellin's Bettini to
Points Place Win Lose
---------------------------
100 1. N/A All
70 2. 1. 3.
50 3. 4. 5.
40 4. 7. 8.
36 5. 8. 9.
32 6. 9. 10.
28 7. 10. 11.
24 8. 14. 15.
20 9. 18. 19.
16 10. 22. 23.
15 11. 23. 24.
14 12. 24. 25.
13 13. 25. 26.
12 14. All N/A
---------------------------
or
better worse

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/lombardia.png

--
Trends and bias in election polls:
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/polls/pollbias.html

Old October 16th 04, 11:57 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:44:17 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/lombardia.png

Haha!