Swann Morton is working on a surgical blade insert that can beattached to pedals...

Old November 9th 14, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Swann Morton is working on a surgical blade insert that can beattached to pedals...

Not satisfied with ripping your shins when their studded pedal is vertical, Nukeproof have now added studs to the edges of the pedal, all the better to rip your shins on a 360 degree radius:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/i.../rp-prod122950

Next we'll hear that Swann Morton is working on a surgical blade insert that can be attached to pedals...
Old November 9th 14, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/blw3cF

http://goo.gl/wUbgzQ
Old November 9th 14, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, November 9, 2014 9:12:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
http://goo.gl/blw3cF

http://goo.gl/wUbgzQ

I WAS looking for a mid range choice for a quality free foot touring pedal but this is what you find....shin cutters.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...s.php?id=48281
Old November 9th 14, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/9/2014 6:51 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
Not satisfied with ripping your shins when their studded pedal is vertical, Nukeproof have now added studs to the edges of the pedal, all the better to rip your shins on a 360 degree radius:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/i.../rp-prod122950

Next we'll hear that Swann Morton is working on a surgical blade insert that can be attached to pedals...

Well, it's still an optional pedal, not compulsory.

Pointy and stabby pedals are perennially popular across a
wide price/quality range, though the trend is to removable
pins, as you linked. That doesn't slow sales of things like
this however:

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/dscf0440_copy0_blowup.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 9th 14, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 04:51:42 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
wrote:

Not satisfied with ripping your shins when their studded pedal is vertical,
Nukeproof have now added studs to the edges of the pedal, all the better
to rip your shins on a 360 degree radius:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/i.../rp-prod122950

Next we'll hear that Swann Morton is working on a surgical blade insert
that can be attached to pedals...

No problem. Just wear shin guards:
https://www.google.com/search?q=shin+guard&tbm=isch

Personally, I prefer bear trap pedals for maximum shin damage:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/wellgo-bear-trap-platform-953-flat-pedals/rp-prod5207
Probably should be bundled with a first aid kit:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/43-hardware-first-aid-kit/rp-prod125037

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old November 9th 14, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Jeff Liebermann:
maximum shin damage:

I believe the term-of-art is "Shinburger".
--
Pete Cresswell
Old November 9th 14, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 11:12:24 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Jeff Liebermann:
maximum shin damage:

I believe the term-of-art is "Shinburger".

Thanks, I thought that was reserved for "road rash". I've also heard
"bear claw marks" and "wolf tracks", which describe what my right shin
looked like after the chain slipped.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bear+trap+pedals&tbm=isch
I specifically selected an example pedal for inflicting maximum shin
damage.

Notice that the teeth are not quite sharp. That's probably to avoid
injuring anyone in shipping. The Philips screws are obviously for
removing the teeth for sharpening. The straight cage teeth are
obviously designed to inflict maximum damage. A rounded convex cage,
as found in the common "bear trap" design, only has one or two teeth
that make contact with the shin. However, a straight line cage, as in
this pedal, allows more teeth to make contact, thus maximizing the
damage. A concave cage, designed to match the contour of the shin,
would do even more damage, but nobody has seen fit to start a
Kickstarter campaign for such a pedal. Meanwhile, increasing the
number of teeth that make contact is a good temporary solution:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2qktso5.jpg
This pedal has 6 rows of teeth instead of the usual two, which should
help maximize the damage. Unfortunately, the dull teeth will need to
be sharpened before use. This version doesn't have as many teeth, but
seems to be easier to sharpen:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=82451

If you made to here, you're probably wondering why this is important.
The Christmas gift giving frenzy season will start shortly. I believe
that such a pedal would make an idea gift for someone you detest, or
who stands a chance of beating you in a race. Such pedals, with a
pre-stretched chain, should slow them down for a while.

Old November 9th 14, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

You guys are wicked. You will assurredly be condemned to ride all eternity on such pedals, liberally rubbed with teflon.

Andre Jute
Still mourning his broken vintage Phillips block pedals...
Old November 9th 14, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

harHARhar....

well done calf burger http://goo.gl/Ld5DKG

as AM may know, I have 4 bear traps at $12per hararhar

for sizing under a 15EEEEEEE foot.

problems were from the standard rectangular cage...with fish scalers ..pedals were too small and were built with low mileage mediocre axle/bearing/nut/seal/lube you name it.

Now these here low volume spiked MTB or BMX whatever pedals are well built is a desirous way BUT built for gnomes n dwarfs. I sent a really nice largest available set back to UC as waaaaay to small. Too small for Rhonda The Pygmy !

and so...4 sets. I groundout a lube tool ! I'll betcha I have the only bear trap lube tool in NA !

gargabe build. 2500 miles n pray. I should change to Red from FL

these here gar....bear traps are covered with plywood painted bulldozer yellow. Very comfy, do not immediate destroy terminally used sneakers or my feet. I have a bag of sneakers marked BIKE BIKE finding new $100 Trail runners last 5 miles pedaling.

Py pedals surface area does in facto add propulsion energy with empathy under the physio foot motion compared to the standard platform MTB or BMX whatever.
I would have a photo but we have rain maybe later. Hold your breath.

Informed Sources tell me the traps teeth are for MUD comma are used covered with MUD

Old November 10th 14, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

[...]

This use of shin destroying pedals seems to the confined to the
wealthy and effete as the downtrodden masses are usually seen with at
least one pedal that is nothing but the pedal axle firmly screwed into
the crank arm.

Perhaps a return to basics, the Ashtabula Crank and rubber tread
pedals, would reduce the number of shin scars.

See
http://books.google.co.th/books?id=O...pedals&f=false
or
http://tinyurl.com/p8fdujc
for maintenance instructions.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Need suggestion for turning insert, please. [email protected] Techniques 4 September 14th 09 09:05 PM
KH crank insert CoreTechs Unicycling 8 January 3rd 09 01:15 PM
insert how far? vanpaun Unicycling 14 April 22nd 08 06:39 PM
WTT: Time TBT Look Insert for Time Insert [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 12th 05 07:21 PM
Sunglasses w/Rx insert Fred Hall General 33 June 27th 04 07:47 PM