Extra Large SPD compatible shoes

Old July 24th 03, 06:22 PM
John Morey

Default Extra Large SPD compatible shoes

I have UK size 13 feet (49 EU size) and have great difficulty in finding
riding shoes that fit , my size 48 shoes feel very squashed and they were a
rather cheap pair I have had some years so I would like to upgrade , however
I have had great difficultly finding shoes in my size (finding trainers is
hard enough these days)
can anybody else with a similar problem recommend any suppliers (preferably
UK based) ?

thanks

Old July 25th 03, 01:14 PM
Shaun Rimmer

John Morey wrote in message
I have UK size 13 feet (49 EU size) and have great difficulty in finding
riding shoes that fit , my size 48 shoes feel very squashed and they were

rather cheap pair I have had some years so I would like to upgrade ,

however
I have had great difficultly finding shoes in my size (finding trainers is
hard enough these days)
can anybody else with a similar problem recommend any suppliers

(preferably
UK based) ?

Well, being almost rabidly anti-clip in, I have no recommendations of my
own, but the usual one trotted out here in reply to this type of question,
is the (reportedly) venerable 'Sidi Dominator'.

HTH!

Shaun aRe

Old July 25th 03, 01:48 PM
bomba

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

I have UK size 13 feet (49 EU size) and have great difficulty in finding
riding shoes that fit , my size 48 shoes feel very squashed and they were

rather cheap pair I have had some years so I would like to upgrade ,

however

I have had great difficultly finding shoes in my size (finding trainers is
hard enough these days)
can anybody else with a similar problem recommend any suppliers

(preferably

UK based) ?

Well, being almost rabidly anti-clip in, I have no recommendations of my
own, but the usual one trotted out here in reply to this type of question,
is the (reportedly) venerable 'Sidi Dominator'.

They only go up to a 48, and tend to be on the small size too, so in
reality, that should be a 47.

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Old July 27th 03, 01:54 PM
KLydesdale

"bomba" wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

[...]

Here in the US, Sidi Dominator 4 shoes are available up to size 52. In my
experience, their size 48 is as large as, or larger, than other size 48 MTB
shoes I've tried from Specialized, AXO, Northwave, Pearl Izumi, Shimano,
Nike, and Diadora.

I find a size 48 Dominator Mega fit my 13EEE feet quite well.

Old July 27th 03, 04:29 PM
RacerX

try www.specialized.com

They have some great deals on shoes i bought allota pairs from there Really
cheap and are all absolutely perfect.

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProd...selevel=specia
ls&JServSessionIdroot=siduhrg5dl.j27005

try that pair $19 USD and i found them to be a bit larger than normal i wear
a 13US and bought a 13 and have to wear two pair of socks. hahahhaha

"KLydesdale" wrote in message

"bomba" wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

[...]

Newbie question on pedal s & Shoes Coach General 4 April 12th 04 01:01 PM
to Zippy pin head (?) Large shoes! Maras General 1 January 7th 04 02:12 PM
help! LARGE spd-shoes Maras General 16 November 12th 03 10:48 AM
SPD-compatible shoes for wide feet? Alan Hoyle General 2 July 31st 03 04:47 AM