Handebar Sizing and Setup

Old October 10th 04, 02:46 AM
Scott

Default Handebar Sizing and Setup

I am having a really hard time getting my Easton EA50 2' rise gars to fit
correctly on my Bullit. I am running a 45mm stem too. I used to have a 1"
rise Titec Hell Bent bars on and it felt fine just too low for DH.

The new bars are OK rise wise but I can't figure out how much I need to cut
off the length or even if I need to at all. Also rotating the bars in the
stem doesn't ever seem to feel "right".

I am 200 pounds and have a 44" chest and suggestions?

Old October 10th 04, 03:01 AM
Slacker

=

the
stem doesn't ever seem to feel "right".

I am 200 pounds and have a 44" chest and suggestions?

What feels "wrong" about it?

--
Slacker

-- =

Slacker
Old October 10th 04, 03:21 AM
Scott

"Slacker" wrote in message
What feels "wrong" about it?

It feels too wide and doesn't feel like it has enough sweep.

But... the bars I have been riding for 2 seasons are the same width and has
less sweep.

Really wierd I know. Where should the bars be rotated to in the stem? I
have never had this problem before and it has me stumped.

Any ideas?

Old October 10th 04, 03:51 AM
Slacker

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:21:53 GMT, Scott wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message
What feels "wrong" about it?

It feels too wide and doesn't feel like it has enough sweep.

But... the bars I have been riding for 2 seasons are the same width an=

d =

has
less sweep.

Really wierd I know. Where should the bars be rotated to in the stem?=

have never had this problem before and it has me stumped.

Any ideas?

This can be a hard thing to pin down. Rotation of the bar can be forward=
=

or backward depending on your preference, so keep playing with it.

Does your new stem have a rise to it?
Same fork?

It took me a little while to dial in the position on my bar too.
-- =

Slacker
Old October 10th 04, 04:24 AM
Scott

"Slacker" wrote in message
This can be a hard thing to pin down. Rotation of the bar can be forward
or backward depending on your preference, so keep playing with it.

Does your new stem have a rise to it?
Same fork?

Same fork. Same stem. I have the Weyless 45mm and 80mm DH stems. I
decided to put the 80mm on my Haro and put the 45mm stem with bars that have
..5" more rise on the Bullit just to even out where the other 80mm and bars
were for riding position.

Well I will be hitting a couple DH's in a week so I will really know if
theis 45mm stem will work then! I have been riding the 80mm all season on
the Bullit. I have been going bigger and have a hard time getting the front
end up on some drops and steep chutes. One of my buds mentioned how long
the DH stem (80mm) was so I am trying the 45mm. I think the 60mm might be
the right one though. We'll see.

But regardless I tried the new bars with the old stem and it just never felt
right.

Old October 10th 04, 05:04 AM
Slacker

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 03:24:46 GMT, Scott wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmm, could just be the wrong bars for you?? Good luck.

I finally got all my setup issues resolved with my DH rig not too long =

ago... now I just need to test my Next Jacket next weekend :-) =

Unfortunately, it's the last weekend for the lifts :-( :-( Now I'm goin=
g =

have to hop back on on my puny 4.5" travel XC bike and climb some hills =
=

http://www.pbase.com/slack/image/19662684

-- =

Slacker
Old October 11th 04, 01:36 AM
jack

"Scott" wrote in message
link.net...
I am having a really hard time getting my Easton EA50 2' rise gars to fit
correctly on my Bullit. I am running a 45mm stem too. I used to have a

1"
rise Titec Hell Bent bars on and it felt fine just too low for DH.

The new bars are OK rise wise but I can't figure out how much I need to

cut
off the length or even if I need to at all. Also rotating the bars in the
stem doesn't ever seem to feel "right".

I am 200 pounds and have a 44" chest and suggestions?

Ride it for a couple weeks. Shorten it if it still feels too wide.