Android Apps

Old November 26th 13, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Android Apps

On Monday, November 25, 2013 9:11:01 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/25/2013 7:27 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per John B.:

The most successful I've tried was OsmAnd that has good maps but

doesn't seem to do so well calculating average speed, etc.

Does anyone have a favorite App that they can recommend.

"Favorite" might be too strong a word, but I have been using MyTracks.

Have not been able to check up on it's speed accuracy - although it has

passed spot tests and the overall results pass the sniff test.

The tracks look right on the money - within 15 feet.

One thing I like about it is that it has the option to save tracks to

the cloud - using my gMail account. Once on the cloud, I can designate

a track to be viewable by other users - not that anybody would care

where I rode... but the feature is there.

So I can virtually hang on your wheel when it's windy?

--

Andrew Muzi

www.yellowjersey.org/

Open every day since 1 April, 1971

CYNIC ! have you no soul ?

Android Apps [email protected] Techniques 14 November 28th 13 03:03 PM
GPS for Android John B. Techniques 30 October 11th 12 07:26 AM
TdF iPhone apps? Jason Spaceman Racing 2 July 2nd 10 11:49 PM
Best Android apps DoTheHustle Australia 2 February 28th 10 09:37 AM
iPhone apps Astroboy Australia 0 January 9th 10 10:27 AM