Mountain Bikers Targeting our Children...

Old April 29th 17, 05:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Mountain Bikers Targeting our Children...

At 01:24 PM 4/24/2017, [a friend] wrote:
Did you see the nutcase last week on our Toro Park Watch Facebook page likening the "struggles" of mountain bikers to gain respect and acceptance to civil rights struggles? He even invoked Rosa Parks! I will great a graphic out of this and definitely share it when I do.

As Mahatma Gandhi and others have taught, civil disobedience requires full disclosure prior to breaking the law, which is done openly. Mountain bikers, on the other hand, break the law secretly and beg for forgiveness only if caught. That is just plain ordinary dishonesty. Besides that, they don't have a case! There is no discrimination against mountain bikers, since the same rules apply to everyone. And mountain bikers aren't banned from any trails; only bicycles are banned. One of the main reasons for their lawbreaking is the fact that they have convinced themselves that they are being discriminated against, and hence justified in breaking the law. Of course, that's nonsense!