Giro mountains stages - what time to arrive?

Old April 13th 19, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alan[_9_]

Default Giro mountains stages - what time to arrive?

I have a chance to see one stage of the Giro, and it'll be a mountain
stage. Having never been before, what time would we need to be up the
mountain for? I dont expect to be at the summit, halfway up would be
fine, and what we were thinking of is Passo Gavia, which is around
halfway through the days race on stage 16.

There is only one road up, so what time is it usually closed? We'll be on
a motorbike, so parking shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Thanks
Alan.