How many miles?

Old November 16th 03, 01:10 AM
Bruce Johnston

Default How many miles?

I tried to calculate how many miles I have ridden a rode bike since high
school which was when I started getting serious about climbing. This
included everything, races, training rides, trainer at home, etc. I was
riding before Avocet and Ciclomaster came out so it's hard to remember and
count the miles but I came up with a very questionable number. How many
miles? What's your guest? I bet most of the older roadies on RBR are between
100k and 200k. Anybody over 200,000 miles lifetime?

B-

Old November 16th 03, 01:17 AM
TritonRider

From: "Bruce Johnston"

I bet most of the older roadies on RBR are between
100k and 200k. Anybody over 200,000 miles lifetime?

B-

I'm sure as hell not, but I'm betting on Mr. Crockett for most miles.
Bill C
Old November 16th 03, 02:05 AM
Bruce Johnston

From: "Bruce Johnston"

I bet most of the older roadies on RBR are between
100k and 200k. Anybody over 200,000 miles lifetime?

B-

I'm sure as hell not, but I'm betting on Mr. Crockett for most miles.
Bill C

Maybe Henry or Carl, how about Bob Schwartz?

Old November 16th 03, 02:12 AM
Andy Coggan

"Bruce Johnston" wrote in message
I tried to calculate how many miles I have ridden a rode bike since high
school which was when I started getting serious about climbing. This
included everything, races, training rides, trainer at home, etc. I was
riding before Avocet and Ciclomaster came out so it's hard to remember and
count the miles but I came up with a very questionable number. How many
miles? What's your guest? I bet most of the older roadies on RBR are

between
100k and 200k. Anybody over 200,000 miles lifetime?

I conservatively estimate the equivalent of at least 250,000.

Andy Coggan

Old November 16th 03, 09:46 AM
Sergio SERVADIO

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Bruce Johnston wrote:
100k and 200k. Anybody over 200,000 miles lifetime?

Of course a lot more, myself.

Sergio
Pisa

Old November 16th 03, 11:56 AM
Bruce

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Bruce Johnston" wrote in message
I tried to calculate how many miles I have ridden a rode bike since high
school which was when I started getting serious about climbing. This
included everything, races, training rides, trainer at home, etc. I was
riding before Avocet and Ciclomaster came out so it's hard to remember

and
count the miles but I came up with a very questionable number. How many
miles? What's your guest? I bet most of the older roadies on RBR are

between
100k and 200k. Anybody over 200,000 miles lifetime?

I conservatively estimate the equivalent of at least 250,000.

Andy Coggan

Between 250,000 and 300,000 miles = 25 years of racing, plus a few years
before and after, with most racing years around 10,000 per year.

Or as I like to say - about half a million kilometers.

-Bruce

Old November 16th 03, 03:58 PM
Tom Kunich

Our club member Dan Tonelli has close to 300,000 and there is one guy
in the US who has well over 1,000,000.

Old November 16th 03, 04:00 PM
Tom Kunich

Nah, I only returned to bicycles in the late 80's and I have something
like 60,000.

"Steve" wrote in message
On 11/15/03 6:05 PM, in article ,

From: "Bruce Johnston"

I bet most of the older roadies on RBR are between
100k and 200k. Anybody over 200,000 miles lifetime?

B-

I'm sure as hell not, but I'm betting on Mr. Crockett for most

miles.
Bill C

Maybe Henry or Carl, how about Bob Schwartz?

My bet would be Kunich...............