benotto from late 80`s

Old October 6th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mariusz

Default benotto from late 80`s

hi there,
can anybody tell me what is the most likely date of production my
Benotto ?
Frame : columbus matrix
(almost the same colours as
http://www.bikecult.com/works/archiv...enottoPGfv.JPG )
saddle: selle italia turbo
bars : italnamburi
equipment : complete shimano 600 group, 6 speed, downtube levers with
shimano 600 pedals and christophe toeclips
rims : for tires not tubulars

And the second question : is this bicycle made in Italy or Mexico ?

regards
Mariusz

Old October 7th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john

mariusz wrote:
hi there,
can anybody tell me what is the most likely date of production my
Benotto ?
Frame : columbus matrix
(almost the same colours as
http://www.bikecult.com/works/archiv...enottoPGfv.JPG )
saddle: selle italia turbo
bars : italnamburi
equipment : complete shimano 600 group, 6 speed, downtube levers with
shimano 600 pedals and christophe toeclips
rims : for tires not tubulars

And the second question : is this bicycle made in Italy or Mexico ?

regards
Mariusz

Have you looked at the serial #? Many companies put the year @ the
beginning or end of the s/n.

Regards, John

Old October 9th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mariusz

well,
I have checked serial number and it says nothing about the year
(B73...bla bla).
I am pretty sure that my benotto comes from 1988. It has ITALMANUBRI 44
cm
bars, model europa superracing - as I checked here
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/li...roadhandlebars

bars comes from 1988.

Mariusz

Old October 11th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

mariusz wrote:
hi there,
can anybody tell me what is the most likely date of production my
Benotto ?
And the second question : is this bicycle made in Italy or Mexico ?

I have never seen such a bike: Road-Track, 50-50 (lest my eyes fail).

Sergio
Pisa

Street Tricks done late? unifreak7 Unicycling 15 December 15th 05 01:51 AM
Lance Armstrong on Late Show on Aug. 1 [email protected] Racing 1 July 27th 05 03:02 AM
Too late? Heath General 47 August 23rd 04 06:37 PM
Premier late 70's cyclists Cooke & Pringle ? Evan Evans Racing 5 November 1st 03 10:15 PM
FA: Cinelli Catalog - late '70s The Ink Company Marketplace 0 September 2nd 03 03:10 AM