The Millar line

Old September 9th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Default The Millar line

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...lts/vuelta0614

Old September 9th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article , "Robert Chung"
wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...lts/vuelta0614

Nice ride by O'Grady:

9 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Team CSC 0.54

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 9th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Gregory

Robert Chung wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...lts/vuelta0614

Not much in it was there?
Two great stages through this town. Wonderful setting for a bike race,
and good thinking to use it twice. This is turning out once again to be
the best of the Major Tours...
All the best
Dan Gregory
Old September 9th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Gabe Brovedani

Robert Chung wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...lts/vuelta0614

If I understand the Millar Line principle correctly, everyone in the
Vuelta is clean, no?

Gabe Brovedani

Old September 9th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Gabe Brovedani wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...lts/vuelta0614

If I understand the Millar Line principle correctly, everyone in the
Vuelta is clean, no?

Gabe Brovedani

Correct. It's especially fun that Millar is enough of a student of
history to use make the "bread and water" reference. Though the fact
that he repeated it suggests he was a little too proud of his studies.

Also, note that it only means that everyone in this stage was clean.
Like Floyd Landis' T-E ratio, the Millar Line can fluctuate in odd ways
from stage to stage.

Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.

It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

Old September 9th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:33:48 GMT, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Gabe Brovedani wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...lts/vuelta0614

If I understand the Millar Line principle correctly, everyone in the
Vuelta is clean, no?

Gabe Brovedani

Correct. It's especially fun that Millar is enough of a student of
history to use make the "bread and water" reference. Though the fact
that he repeated it suggests he was a little too proud of his studies.

Also, note that it only means that everyone in this stage was clean.
Like Floyd Landis' T-E ratio, the Millar Line can fluctuate in odd ways
from stage to stage.

Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.

It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

Probably why the UCI banned running the course through the beer tents last year.

Ron
Old September 11th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Gabe Brovedani

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.

It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

Livedrunk does not produce a bracelet. I thought the Livedrunk thingy
was a flask.

Gabe Brovedani
Old September 11th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...cdd62d4d320126

Old September 11th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:20:28 GMT, Gabe Brovedani wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.

It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

Livedrunk does not produce a bracelet. I thought the Livedrunk thingy
was a flask.

In which case I saw one at a cross race last season. Sort of a hip flask in a
cage, like this: http://www.ahearnecycles.com/flask.htm .

The envy of the peloton.

Ron
Old September 11th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , RonSonic

wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.

It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

Livedrunk does not produce a bracelet. I thought the Livedrunk thingy
was a flask.

In which case I saw one at a cross race last season. Sort of a hip flask
in a cage, like this: http://www.ahearnecycles.com/flask.htm .

http://www.trophybikes.com/catalog.p...d=-1&prodid=32

A message from our sponsor: This site is now in free fall