Chaos, death and disaster - several bombs have just exploded in London ;-(

Old July 8th 05, 12:18 AM
0ld Yank

"Stan Horwitz" wrote in message
In article ,
"0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net wrote:

"bomba" wrote in message
ups.com...
spademan o---[) * wrote:
Bomba is holed up in his office ATM.
The whole thing really sucks, must be bloody scary for anyone in

London.

Aye, London's not a happy place at the moment. Pretty much the only
sounds are sirens and helicopters.

As far as I can tell, all my family and friends are ok. I've had a

fair
few concerned phone calls and e-mails, as I normally work out of an
office round the corner from Moorgate (scene of one of the blasts).
However, I'm working out of our other office today.

Anyway, **** 'em. We've been through worse, we'll come through this.

Well said. Terrorism gains its superiority when it victims fold into a
whimpering, fetal position and capitulate as did the Spaniards when a
similar act occurred on their soil.

As to who's responsible (as asked mitchellNOSPAM) how can that even be

in
doubt.

My deepest condolences go out to the victims' families; and my strong
support goes out to the British people that they be strengthened by this
rather than weakened.

What I really hope is that any strengthening includes an improvement of
our leaders' wisdom, not just their desire to take military action. True
strength comes from wisdom, not acts of violence.

Where did you come up with that simplistic ideology? Terrorism is evil and
violent. And while wisdom is a marvelous virtue, it (wisdom) without the
military wherewithal to make its voice heard is impotent. Nothing short of
military strength/action against the violence of terrorism will combat it.

Wisdom is born of experience. Your leader(s) and mine have shown exemplary
wisdom and strength in dealing with Islamic terrorists. It's time we the
people get behind them in support rather than babbling aimlessly with
pacifist platitudes and touchy-feely statements that have no value in truth.

--Yankee Viejo

Old July 8th 05, 12:28 AM
Ray Haddad

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:18:31 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card"
and "0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net instead replied:

"Stan Horwitz" wrote in message
In article ,
"0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net wrote:

"bomba" wrote in message
ups.com...
spademan o---[) * wrote:
[...]

Geno,

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
--
Ray
Old July 8th 05, 01:46 AM
Jackson Pillock

"Ray Haddad" wrote in message
: On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:18:31 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card"
: and "0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net instead replied:
:
: "Stan Horwitz" wrote in message
: ...
: In article ,
: "0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net wrote:
:
: "bomba" wrote in message
: ups.com...
: spademan o---[) * wrote:
[...]

What has alt.mountain-bike ever done to you?

: --
: Ray

Old July 8th 05, 01:50 AM
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:46:44 +0000 (UTC), I said, "Pick a card, any
card" and "Jackson Pillock" instead replied:

What has alt.mountain-bike ever done to you?

You asked. In 1987, I cracked two ribs in my first and only race in
Poway, California.
--
Ray
Old July 8th 05, 02:23 AM
Josh Hill

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:18:31 -0500, "0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net wrote:

Where did you come up with that simplistic ideology? Terrorism is evil and
violent.

Terrorism is violent? You don't say.

And while wisdom is a marvelous virtue, it (wisdom) without the
military wherewithal to make its voice heard is impotent. Nothing short of
military strength/action against the violence of terrorism will combat it.

Wisdom is born of experience. Your leader(s) and mine have shown exemplary
wisdom and strength in dealing with Islamic terrorists. It's time we the
people get behind them in support rather than babbling aimlessly with
pacifist platitudes and touchy-feely statements that have no value in truth.

Truth? You have the gumption to invoke the truth not five minutes
after having lied through your tooth? It seems that you're not just a
racist and a liar, but a hypocrite as well.

--
Josh
Old July 8th 05, 05:09 AM
Slack

bomba wrote:

spademan o---[) * wrote:

Bomba is holed up in his office ATM.
The whole thing really sucks, must be bloody scary for anyone in London.

Aye, London's not a happy place at the moment. Pretty much the only
sounds are sirens and helicopters.

As far as I can tell, all my family and friends are ok. I've had a fair
few concerned phone calls and e-mails, as I normally work out of an
office round the corner from Moorgate (scene of one of the blasts).
However, I'm working out of our other office today.

Good to hear ya blokes are alright... well, relatively speaking (sans
Shaun)

Anyway, **** 'em. We've been through worse, we'll come through this.

That's the attitude :-) :-)
--
Slack
Old July 8th 05, 08:55 AM
spademan o---[) *

Err no. No-one that I spoke to had anything but a sense of shock and
sympathy for the people who were caught up in this either directly or
through worry about family / freinds etc or just plain worried because
they were in the area and no-one knew whether any more explosions were
going to come. Those people you talked to would be classed under the
'absoloute knobhead' category.
Steve.

Old July 8th 05, 11:42 AM
dardruba

spademan o---[) * wrote:
Err no. No-one that I spoke to had anything but a sense of shock and
sympathy for the people who were caught up in this either directly or
through worry about family / freinds etc or just plain worried because
they were in the area and no-one knew whether any more explosions were
going to come. Those people you talked to would be classed under the
'absoloute knobhead' category.
Steve.

Steve's right about the last bit.

BTW when I said my son in laws family were safe, I meant to say
how difficult it had been to get that info.
All the mobile phone servers in the Central London area were
disconnected and no calls could be made unless the user had a
'special' sims card. I didnt know they could do that.
We saw on TV a young guy in tears handing a phone back to a
policewoman, now I know why.
Mike

Old July 8th 05, 12:10 PM
Shaun aRe

"bomba" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:18:09 -0700, Chris Glidden wrote:

Latest word from round here is that people are queueing over London
Bridge to get in to the station. It could be a long night...

Be safe getting home brother.

Turned out ok. Everyone tried to get out of London at 5 (hmm,
post-terrorist attack, let's see if we can form the largest crowd
possible(?)), so by the time I got out the pub everywhere was pretty much
deserted.

Heheheheh! Pub visits can solve ALL kinds of problems eh Jon? Glad you got
out OK mate ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old July 8th 05, 12:17 PM
Shaun aRe

"0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net wrote in message

"Stan Horwitz" wrote in message
In article ,
"0ld Yank" same@ Isee.net wrote:

"bomba" wrote in message
ups.com...
spademan o---[) * wrote:
[...]

And how in all hells, do you target and destroy, a group consisting of
individuals, spread out amongs innocents all the heck over the globe, with a
hug ilitary machine? Oh I know - bomb the hell out os wherever you feel the
ratio of terrorists to innocents is greatest, and stuff the innocents,
because well, after all, they are just casualties of war, and doing so will
not have more people become terrorists, and plant more bombs, that will kill
more innocents, that will see huge military machines, bombing more innocents
etc. etc. ad NAUSIUM.

Violence begets violence.

If there were such things as 'terrorist seeking bullets' I'd say hells yeah,
fire them ALL off, no messing, but guess what - THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
Dumbarse.

geno's blah blah blah nonsense snipped

Shaun aRe