Grease and dirt remover

Old September 9th 13, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default Grease and dirt remover

https://www.google.com/#q=turtle+wax...remover+review

one level up...or down...eyeyehahahhaha....

Removed undercoating from my 544 abt 35 years ago finding the deep coat was penetrated, rust spots beneath. We painted with rusto, renewing as necessary wit rust n wear now visible...when crawling underneath with screwdriver in hand/spotlamp.

When I was planning for a new van, I crawled under the nabs new Ford's finding that new undercoat smudged brown in all the usual leading and reservoir areas.

I ordered a van without understanding Ford, near bankruptcy may chose to NOT paint only undercoat. That condition appears possible.

So now 7 years later , van's wheel wells, rear bumper, sills, rockers panels, and the left rear corner-heads up there- need repainting. Ford's paint is excellent. Rusto, 2-3 coats over Ford's paint as worn thru. I had painted the bottom with Rusto Farm paint not asphalt rubberized.

Surfacing cleaning was always a PITA. Wash, Tide brush, thnner. wash off thinner, sand, wire brush....blaaagh.

Enter Turtle Wax Label and Sticker Remover after washing. Spray on, stand back, wipe or rub with green abrasive pt cleaning pads...and amazing Dude the grime disappears with 3 tries. Eeeeeeeeeemulsified.

Wire brush with the new cordless Porter Cable, grind some with McMaster Carr's carbide grinder points..paint Rusto Spray Primer. Rear left front of bumper under 2.5 hrs. INCROYABLE.

Rocker panels were a wipe down.

The TWR is untried on chip seal tar r the road bikes polymerized linseed but for less itsa killer cleaner worth having under the bench. The TWR would remove thinned chip seal.

Old September 10th 13, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

TWR: http://jaguarracing.xf.cz/wp-content/spa-1984-07-29-014.jpg.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old September 10th 13, 12:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

?

TWR is relatively non toxic.
Old September 10th 13, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 09/09/2013 09:28 PM, T0m $herman wrote:
On 9/9/2013 10:34 AM, datakoll wrote:
The TWR is untried on chip seal tar r the road bikes polymerized
linseed but for less itsa killer cleaner worth having under the bench.
The TWR would remove thinned chip seal.

TWR: http://jaguarracing.xf.cz/wp-content/spa-1984-07-29-014.jpg.

My immediate thought as well!

http://jaguarxjr14.com/

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old September 10th 13, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

relevance is random.

I assume TWR effective cleaning body grease off the entry ramp.

I haven't spotted an XJS is uh 15 years...maybe Palm Beach...may have watched an Ariel 4 go by.....

we had a v-12 convert here in the sale lot.....dead....I herd it was hauled off for $500

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...js+conversions

Goo could offer a search option....mandatory by moderator...where the poster posts, receives a waiting period of say 3-4 weeks...then gets an email of the post for further review before going public.

Old September 10th 13, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/10/2013 8:22 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 09/09/2013 09:28 PM, T0m $herman wrote:
On 9/9/2013 10:34 AM, datakoll wrote:
The TWR is untried on chip seal tar r the road bikes
polymerized
linseed but for less itsa killer cleaner worth having
under the bench.
The TWR would remove thinned chip seal.

TWR:
http://jaguarracing.xf.cz/wp-content/spa-1984-07-29-014.jpg.

My immediate thought as well!

http://jaguarxjr14.com/

Sad for a marque which built XK120 and other beautiful cars.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 10th 13, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:14:21 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/10/2013 8:22 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

http://jaguarxjr14.com/

Sad for a marque which built XK120 and other beautiful cars.

The new F-type has good looks, I think.

- Frank Krygowski
Old September 10th 13, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

excellent glass cleaner. removes polymerized tree sap n highlights unseen polymerized tree sap.

essential for applying rainx before winter...the bumplies cawsing snow n ice wiper dysfunction. cleans wipers of bumplies.

we bought a 5 gallon can for cleaning deceased riders off the entry ramp.
Old September 10th 13, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 08:34:52 -0700 (PDT), datakoll
wrote:

Enter Turtle Wax Label and Sticker Remover after washing.

It's a mix of various organic solvents:
http://www.whatsinproducts.com//files/brands_pdf/11066_20007051%20MSDS%20TURTLE%20WAX%20LABEL%20AND %20STICKER%20REMOVER.pdf

Component CAS No / Unique ID Percent
Acetone 000067-64-1 10.0-15.0
Propane 000074-98-6 10.0-15.0
Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether
000112-34-5 20-30
d-Limonene 005989-27-5 5.0-8.0
Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated light
064742-47-8 30-40

That stuff looks like it will remove anything including your skin and
brain cells. Wear gloves and don't inhale the fumes.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old September 11th 13, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

surprise...

wudda not thought acetone n distillates were more than 20%. why I didnah look.

The practice is spray on, walk upwind then come back a minute later as per instructions. There's an active time.

The rub rub rub.

My detailing advisor came by. He said washing then spraying the complete car prior to polish and wax is a common practice.

I wear a 3M flap mask.

TTTTTotal exposure compared to thinner after Tide is significantly less. Max less.
A relief.

AAA, cannah say enough good abt it. Quantum leapo.

Beware spraying lenses. Rubber, vinylester OH but masking tape leaked TWR omtp a rear lens streaking surface white while I went on without double checking.

The streaks rub out with ScratchX. The white paint on muh van has a polycoat...no probs I can see.

Try it on ur deraysn before relube,,,wheels/spokes a winner for the compulsive.

The windshield is truly clear n clean. Max.

Phil Wood Grease vs Pedros' Syn Grease Llatikcuf Techniques 3 August 15th 05 05:46 PM
Oil remover Rob UK 7 July 23rd 05 07:07 PM
To grease, or not to grease? - Seatpost Leon Techniques 4 June 18th 05 12:22 AM
Carbon parts: to grease or not to grease??? ccrider Techniques 9 May 27th 04 11:39 PM
Suntour hub remover DaveB Australia 6 March 25th 04 12:21 AM