cycling TV -- auto renewal trap/scam

Old June 6th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
billb

Default cycling TV -- auto renewal trap/scam

Beware of cycling.tv -- when signing up, it is not disclosed that they
set things up for automatic renewal. The service has been abysmal and
I was not planning on renewing but they hit my credit card and
although they agreed to refund me, they have failed to do so and are
not responding further.

Best,
Bill Black

Old June 6th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
David B.

billb wrote:
Beware of cycling.tv -- when signing up, it is not disclosed that they
set things up for automatic renewal. The service has been abysmal and
I was not planning on renewing but they hit my credit card and
although they agreed to refund me, they have failed to do so and are
not responding further.
Bill Black

Did the same thing to me. They're just low-life thieves. They won't
get away with it a second time.

David

Old June 6th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

* "David B." a écrit
billb wrote:
Beware of cycling.tv -- when signing up, it is not disclosed that they
set things up for automatic renewal. The service has been abysmal and
I was not planning on renewing but they hit my credit card and
although they agreed to refund me, they have failed to do so and are
not responding further.
Bill Black

Did the same thing to me. They're just low-life thieves. They won't
get away with it a second time.

Worse than the Gold Mine in Africa scam, eh?

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
Old June 6th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frank Drackman

"billb" wrote in message
oups.com...
Beware of cycling.tv -- when signing up, it is not disclosed that they
set things up for automatic renewal. The service has been abysmal and
I was not planning on renewing but they hit my credit card and
although they agreed to refund me, they have failed to do so and are
not responding further.

Best,
Bill Black

I was very excited when cycling TV went live, but was quickly disappointed
after signing up and using their product. IMO they went live way too early
and should have done much more testing of their product.

I also have problem with their marketing department. I have received
numerous email solicitations for events that are not available in my market.
It isn't very hard to filter your list to target only customers that can
purchase a product.

Old June 8th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
orange-kick

you have to kill the auto-renew through the initial paypal charge-- but
I agree, I don't ever remember agreeing to such a thing, so I too feel
they scammed their subscribers.

BV Renewal Offer Stuboy Australia 18 May 25th 05 03:27 AM
USA mebership renewal mgrant Unicycling 5 January 5th 05 10:15 PM
ozebay scam or no scam? Gemma Kernich Australia 3 October 30th 04 04:51 AM
Lars Trap Friis' Women's Cycling Site... Sonarrat Racing 3 October 7th 04 11:53 PM