Stem attachment for water bottle/lights?

Old June 19th 06, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Stem attachment for water bottle/lights?

In a bike shop in Oxford I found an attachment which replaces the stem
cap, and bolts on either a water bottle carrier of a short bar for
lights (same size as a Minoura swing arm).
This was in a shot-peened metal.

I had to take it back, as the cap fitting was drilled for 6mm bolts,
and I have 7mm on my bike.
I can't remember the make - does anyone have one of these?
Might by SK Cycling (something like that).
I wouldn't mind searching for one which will fir my bike.
The bloke in Howes cycles was good enough to give me my money back.
Old June 19th 06, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article
John Hearns wrote:
In a bike shop in Oxford I found an attachment which replaces the stem
cap, and bolts on either a water bottle carrier of a short bar for
lights (same size as a Minoura swing arm).
This was in a shot-peened metal.

I had to take it back, as the cap fitting was drilled for 6mm bolts,
and I have 7mm on my bike.
I can't remember the make - does anyone have one of these?
Might by SK Cycling (something like that).
I wouldn't mind searching for one which will fir my bike.

It wouldn't be difficult to make something that does the same job - just
get some longer bolts for your stem and pack the heads out with washers
or tubular spacers, then you can attach all manner of brackets to them.