Riis out of the Tour record books

Old June 9th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Riis out of the Tour record books

On Jun 8, 8:08 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
In article .com,

Bret wrote:
On Jun 7, 7:51 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
I'd imagine a guy like Lyle Alzedo would be a better choice, since he did admit
to steroid use

Dude, Alzedo would be a great choice if he were actually in the
focking HOF. That's like saying Charles Manson should be impeached if
he ever happened to be elected president.

Heh, believe it or not, but I was aware that he wasn't in (I'd checked) but
proceeded to forget to mention that aspect as I typed the post. Anyway, he was the
first NFL guy I could think of who'd had a public acknowledgement of steroids (not
saying there aren't others, just that I don't pay enough attention to football to
care who they are).

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

You could make a good case for Alzado for the HOF, except that he was
totally unmanageable and 95% out of control most of the time before
the steroid stuff became public. Along with Matuszak they were poster
children for how to **** off everyone. Tooz was flat out scary off the
field too. Loved to get wasted, did every drug known to man, loved to
fight and loved guns when wasted.
He was the poster child for "roid rage" and Alzado wasn't far behind.
Today both would have been kicked out of the league, or at least be
doing huge suspensions in a heartbeat.
Bill C

Old June 9th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

On Jun 8, 6:08 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
In article .com,

Bret wrote:
On Jun 7, 7:51 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
I'd imagine a guy like Lyle Alzedo would be a better choice, since he did admit
to steroid use

Dude, Alzedo would be a great choice if he were actually in the
focking HOF. That's like saying Charles Manson should be impeached if
he ever happened to be elected president.

Heh, believe it or not, but I was aware that he wasn't in (I'd checked) but
proceeded to forget to mention that aspect as I typed the post. Anyway, he was the
first NFL guy I could think of who'd had a public acknowledgement of steroids (not
saying there aren't others, just that I don't pay enough attention to football to
care who they are).

Really? I just thought you were a delusional Raider fan. You're from
Colorado if your two favorite teams are the Broncos and whoever is
beating the crap out of the Raiders. Bill Romanowski is another good
example.

Bret

Old June 9th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

On Jun 8, 1:09 am, "
wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:50 pm, Bret wrote:

On Jun 7, 7:51 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

I'd
imagine a guy like Lyle Alzedo would be a better choice, since he did admit to
steroid use

Dude, Alzedo would be a great choice if he were actually in the
focking HOF. That's like saying Charles Manson should be impeached if
he ever happened to be elected president.

Dumbass,

Charles Manson may be a crazed, cultlike murderer
with a Messiah complex, but he isn't even impeachment-
worthy on today's scale of job performance.
At least Manson might have not ignited such a
firestorm on a mission to bring salvation to the
Middle East. Or if he had, he might have gone in
with enough overwhelming force to finish the job.
Manson had a thing for firepower.

I never said Manson was more impeachable than W did I? The fact that
impeachment was the first analogy that came to mind should tell you
my state of mind. (Setting myself up for one of TK's devastating one-
liners there)

Bret

Old June 9th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jun 7, 11:59 pm, "
wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:34 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

On Jun 7, 8:53 pm, "
wrote:

Be fair to the Tour organizers. They aren't throwing
Riis down the memory hole for having used doping.
They are airbrushing him for having admitted it.
In that sense, it is a consistent philosophical
position.

Dumbass -

What did they do with Pantani's win?

Dumbass,

Pantani didn't throw his books open and admit
everything, did he? Plus he's dead and the ASO
can't pick on him too much without seeming
ghoulish. I hate to sound like Laff@me ranting
about omerta, but Riis committed honesty and that's
the one crime that is truly unforgivable.

Dumbass -

Have Spotted Dick's mountains jerseys been taken off the books?

I doubt it.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old June 9th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message . com,
') wrote:

On Jun 7, 8:51 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

(Ilan): I see that the Tour de France organisers have wiped Riis win
off their

(--D-y)
Which doper gets to be the winner? (Choose your country of birth
carefully!)

(Kurgan):
Dumbass -

Dusty, could we possibly persuade you to use a news client that handles
attributions properly? There's a good chap.

;; If any council in the country has anything to say to cyclists
;; about cycle paths, it should be: "We are terribly, terribly sorry."
- Zoe Williams, The Guardian, 13th Sept 2006
Old June 9th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Bret wrote:
[...]

No, I don't give a damn about football in any way, but even less of a damn about
the Raiders. From what I've seen, Raiders fans are why a lot of people hate the
Raiders. There was a family friend (a teacher, mind you, so you'd like to think there
should be a bit of rationality going on) who would go into a huge funk if the Raiders
lost - "Now my whole week is ruined!" And the sad part? It really was ruined.

Old June 9th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Simon Brooke wrote:
Dusty, could we possibly persuade you to use a news client that handles
attributions properly? There's a good chap.

Um, I pre-apologized.

When I read it, my non-conventional quoting style seemed to be very
understandable.

Especially if one were following the thread.

Different isn't easy sometimes, I realize.

An exception to my usual careful attribution-ing.

--D-y