Nice win last Sat for Bahati at the CSC Invitational

Old June 8th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
pacqueman

Default Nice win last Sat for Bahati at the CSC Invitational

He seemed to ride a smart race and come out of the last corner with
more speed that the rest.

But what's with the team name "Rock & Republic"? It's sounds like a
combination of the second halves of the well known "Hard Rock" and
"Banana Republic" brands. Of course, it's better than what the first
halves would be: "Hard & Banana".

Old June 8th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Jun 7, 10:57 pm, pacqueman wrote:
He seemed to ride a smart race and come out of the last corner with
more speed that the rest.

But what's with the team name "Rock & Republic"? It's sounds like a
combination of the second halves of the well known "Hard Rock" and
"Banana Republic" brands. Of course, it's better than what the first
halves would be: "Hard & Banana".

I think it's a Cadillac dealership. I was there and saw the team's
blinged out escalade or whatever the hell it was.

That was a very exciting race. Rapinksi damn near lapped the field
early on--which is amazing considering how technical that course is.
Navigators were strong all day. I also noticed Bahati at the very end
of the peloton with less than ten laps to go ... I thought he was
about to crack, then he jumps up and wins the thing. His teammate
Kayle Leograhnday (how the race announcer pronounced it) was also
strong all day.

Pate looked strong near the end too, but I saw his teammate Mike Creed
pull out really early and skulk back to the comort of some shade
trees. We also had a couple of local strong men finish with the field
(which is something considering the attrition in this race), and that
was kind of nice.

Old June 8th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Jun 8, 4:13 pm, bar wrote:
[...]

I was wrong (no real surprise there):

Rock & Republic is synonymous with innovative style, sex appeal, and
edgy sophistication. In only four years, Rock & Republic
has evolved from a prominent fashion company to a dominant player in
the premium/luxe lifestyle market. With the notion that
everyone deserves to dress like a rock star, CEO and Head Designer
Michael Ball, continually innovates chic and edgy styles for
the sexy, confident consumer. Season after season, Rock & Republic
attracts international rave reviews and captures a celebrity
fan base like no other premium/luxe lifestyle brand in the world. In
an industry pervaded by ever-changing whims and tastes, one
thing is certain; Rock & Republic will continue to be the pioneer in
the development of new ideas and breakthroughs in the
premium/luxe lifestyle market.

http://www.rockandrepublic.com/

Old June 8th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
OMC

On Jun 8, 2:13 pm, bar wrote:
[...]

Mike has been battling some serious back problems this year that has
caused
him to spend a lot of time with the PT persons in Colorado Springs.
He has some days when it is ok and other days when his back goes into
spasms
very quicky. Quite a few changes to his bike position/fit and fixing
some lower back strength issues.
http://www.mikecreed.missingsaddle.com/2007/04/19/lame/
He did a little better at Lancaster, but still has a problem with it
stiffing up after a few hours.
Pate will win Philly on Sunday.....he is ready to slay
everyone !!!!!!!

Old June 8th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Jun 8, 4:40 pm, OMC wrote:
On Jun 8, 2:13 pm, bar wrote:

[...]

Sorry to hear about Creed -- he seems like a nice chap. I hope you're
right about Pate ... damn that boy deserves a big break.

Old June 8th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:13:41 -0700, bar wrote:

[...]

Cool.
--
JT
****************************
Old June 8th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:40:42 -0700, OMC wrote:

Mike has been battling some serious back problems this year that has
caused
him to spend a lot of time with the PT persons in Colorado Springs.
He has some days when it is ok and other days when his back goes into
spasms
very quicky. Quite a few changes to his bike position/fit and fixing
some lower back strength issues.
http://www.mikecreed.missingsaddle.com/2007/04/19/lame/
He did a little better at Lancaster, but still has a problem with it
stiffing up after a few hours.
Pate will win Philly on Sunday.....he is ready to slay
everyone !!!!!!!

Pate is due ... but it's bike racing so who knows.

--
JT

Kris Holm Invitational Unicycle Competition - Unicycle competition in Burnaby BC. JamesH Unicycling 2 June 22nd 07 10:48 PM
Photos of the Philadelphia Invitational Championship Bobby Racing 1 June 14th 06 01:56 PM
Nice Name RJG Racing 6 September 23rd 05 09:20 AM
Nice ham Robert Chung Racing 24 September 2nd 05 10:28 PM
nice MagillaGorilla Racing 3 August 29th 05 08:57 AM