POUND AS KING

Old June 8th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

Default POUND AS KING

Richard W. Pound, the chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency, said
the elimination of Riis from the record book might discourage other
riders from confessing.

"If I were king of the world, I would be encouraging anyone who knows
anything about doping to come forward and only then decide what
sanctions to apply," he said. "If you take the half-empty view of
this, it could be seen as an effort to shut everyone up. On the half-
full side, I'm sure they're going to say, 'We don't condone doping.' "

Cycling's drug problem has become so messy, Pound added, that it might
be time to grant riders and team officials, both past and present, an
amnesty in exchange for their complete testimony about doping.

"It sounds like doping is just so pervasive, that may be the only
practicable solution," Pound said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/08/sp...08cycling.html

Old June 9th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
. com,
datakoll wrote:

Cycling's drug problem has become so messy, Pound added, that it might
be time to grant riders and team officials, both past and present, an
amnesty in exchange for their complete testimony about doping.

That is not amnesty, that is plea-bargaining. Amnesty
unilateral; amnesty is closing the books for everyone,
including Riis, Basso, Heras, Pantini, Ullrich, and
everyone who has kept his mouth shut. Everyone.

--
Michael Press
Old June 9th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Carlos" wrote in message
. ..

"datakoll" wrote in message
ups.com...
Richard W. Pound, the chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency, said
the elimination of Riis from the record book might discourage other
riders from confessing.

"If I were king of the world, I would be encouraging anyone who knows
anything about doping to come forward and only then decide what
sanctions to apply," he said. "If you take the half-empty view of
this, it could be seen as an effort to shut everyone up. On the half-
full side, I'm sure they're going to say, 'We don't condone doping.' "

Cycling's drug problem has become so messy, Pound added, that it might
be time to grant riders and team officials, both past and present, an
amnesty in exchange for their complete testimony about doping.

"It sounds like doping is just so pervasive, that may be the only
practicable solution," Pound said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/08/sp...08cycling.html

I agree with Sir Pound. We cannot do anything to discourage confessions.
Perhaps, the confessions would lead to suppliers and Doctors. Those should
be prosecuted as they were the enablers and broke laws.

Riis should stay as the winner. After all, look at the number 2 and 3
riders. Did Spotted Dick return his Polka Dot jerseys yet. I don't think
so.
They are so attached to his ego.

You really are a dumbass aren't you? Did it ever occur to you that the
doctors and suppliers are victims of people like you as well? People who
always demand greater and greater performances, new records, new things to
talk about. Good isn't good enough and then you have the unmitigated gaul to
complain about doping?

Old June 9th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 03:37:34 GMT, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Carlos" wrote in message

"datakoll" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Does he have unmitigated brit and german also?

Ron

Ron

Effect pedal demo's up at http://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

Old June 9th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , RonSonic

wrote:

You really are a dumbass aren't you? Did it ever occur to you that the
doctors and suppliers are victims of people like you as well? People who
always demand greater and greater performances, new records, new things
to talk about. Good isn't good enough and then you have the unmitigated
gaul to complain about doping?

Does he have unmitigated brit and german also?

Effect pedal demo's up at http://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

^^^^^^

Spelling and grammar flames are always dangerous.

;; Want to know what SCO stands for?
;; http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030605
Old June 9th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:39:30 +0100, Simon Brooke wrote:

in message , RonSonic

wrote:

You really are a dumbass aren't you? Did it ever occur to you that the
doctors and suppliers are victims of people like you as well? People who
always demand greater and greater performances, new records, new things
to talk about. Good isn't good enough and then you have the unmitigated
gaul to complain about doping?

Does he have unmitigated brit and german also?

Effect pedal demo's up at http://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

^^^^^^

Spelling and grammar flames are always dangerous.

Pedal?

"Pedal" is okay. Some question "demo's." I was taught the apostrophe belongs in
the abbreviation. But that was on another planet a long, long time ago.

Ron
Old June 9th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

wrote:

You really are a dumbass aren't you? Did it ever occur to you that the
doctors and suppliers are victims of people like you as well? People who
always demand greater and greater performances, new records, new things
to talk about. Good isn't good enough and then you have the unmitigated
gaul to complain about doping?

Does he have unmitigated brit and german also?

Effect pedal demo's up at http://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

^^^^^^

Spelling and grammar flames are always dangerous.

Of course finding myself in agreement with a Dick Pound quote has left me a bit
shaken.

Ron

Old June 10th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,

wrote:

You really are a dumbass aren't you? Did it ever occur to you that the
doctors and suppliers are victims of people like you as well? People who
always demand greater and greater performances, new records, new things
to talk about. Good isn't good enough and then you have the unmitigated
gaul to complain about doping?

Does he have unmitigated brit and german also?

Effect pedal demo's up at http://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

^^^^^^

Spelling and grammar flames are always dangerous.

Of course finding myself in agreement with a Dick Pound quote has left me a bit
shaken.

You agree that his proposal constitutes amnesty?
Sounds like plea-bargaining to me.

--
Michael Press
Old June 10th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 9, 4:18 pm, RonSonic wrote:
Effect pedal demo's up athttp://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

^^^^^^

Spelling and grammar flames are always dangerous.

Pedal?

"Pedal" is okay.

Yaughn ("yeah") (my children's contrib. to the living lang., close as
I can capture).

Some question "demo's." I was taught the apostrophe belongs in
the abbreviation. But that was on another planet a long, long time ago.

Back before "demo" became a noun? *And* a verb? :

(from the handy right click Mac dictionary):
demo | dem | informal noun ( pl. -os) a demonstration of the
capabilities of something, typically computer software or a musical
group : [as adj. ] a demo tape. verb ( -os, -oed) [ trans. ]
demonstrate the capabilities of (software or equipment). · record (a
song) for demonstration purposes : they've already demoed twelve new
songs.

Could also be Demo, or even small-d demo in a "politics" context.

But then, "demos"?

(same dict.):

demos | d mäs| noun ( pl. -moi |-moi|) the common people of an
ancient Greek state. · the populace as a political unit, esp. in a
democracy. ORIGIN from Greek d mos.

"Demo's". Instantly understood. Dem-o's? Dem what? (forgive me). Ahem,
"a wasted key stroke".

Whoa, what good are rules that get in the way of quick n' easy
understanding?

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/langu...es/002436.html

Besides giving cranks (the Huns are at the dictionaries!) something to
crank about, of course.

But, of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion. --D-y

Pound at it again? Davey Crockett Racing 1 April 23rd 07 01:39 PM
Pound to CAS? TJG Racing 9 March 27th 07 08:42 AM
TAKE A 5 POUND SLEDGE HAMMER AND POUND THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR 20 CATS! HELL NO, I AM THE KING OF TROLLS***JIMMYMAC 4863 W. GREGORY ST. CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60630 773 282 9874***HELL NO, I AM THE KING OF TROLLS***JIMMYMAC 4863 W. GREGORY ST. CHICAGO, ILLIN jimmymac Recumbent Biking 0 November 27th 06 07:21 PM
The King is dead - long live the King! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 3 March 10th 05 11:42 PM
1,000 Pound Man !! Fx199 General 10 November 1st 04 04:24 PM