News from NAUCC 2005???

Old July 29th 05, 02:45 AM
scorpio

Default News from NAUCC 2005???

Has anyone heard or seen a post from anyone at the Nationals in Bowling
Green? Today is third day and usually someone does some posts by now.
Weather?... how many participants? .... how the schedual is going? ...
Photos?... how about ANYTHING? Anybody there?

--
scorpio - Unicycle Dad
scorpio's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1242

Old July 29th 05, 05:17 AM
Barb

What I have heard:
PPUT's trailer arrived on Sunday. The team arrived by Monday.
They lost all of the hockey and basketball games. The elderly men's team
lost hockey 2-46. That gym had A/C but the gym for artistic does not
have it. Weather has been hot, high 80's.
The kids have been in the pool at the hotel.

Barb - non rider

Barb
Barb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/79

Old July 29th 05, 06:29 AM
constance.cotter

Some results in...

Artistic all finished now, but not all of results (mostly age group)
have been announced yet. So, I'm not telling.

Standard Skill:
Expert Female
1. Amy Shields
2. Jan Bunger*
3. Christy Grider
** Jan did a PERFECT standard skill routine. This is the only time that
this has happened at the top five places. Very impressive!

Expert Male
1. Ryan Woessner
2. Jamey Mossengren
3. Brian Shields

Individual Freestyle (North American competitors only)
Expert Female
1. Amy Shields
2. Christy Grider
3. Nicole Crook

Expert Male
1. Ryan Woessner
2. Brian Shields

Pairs Freestyle
1. Amy Shields & Ryan Woessner
2. Jamey Mossengren & Lindsey Johnson
3. Christy Grider & Connie Cotter

Club Show
1. TCUC
2. Panther Pride
3. WOW

Connie
2005 NAUCC Artistic Chief Judge

--
constance.cotter - Unicycling Newbie for 25 years
constance.cotter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9039

Old July 29th 05, 12:36 PM
scorpio

Thanks Barb,

Thanks Connie - Keep us posted

db

Old July 30th 05, 12:54 AM
jsm

Was Ryan's freestyle routine basically the same as last year, or has he
come up with something even better?

--
jsm - Sunset Side Ride

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old July 31st 05, 02:23 PM
constance.cotter

The track racing is done now too.

Expert Racers
Female:
1. Amy Shields (TCUC)
2. Nicole Crook (PP)
3. Michaela Horst (The C.L.U.B)
4. Wendy Grzych (RTUC)
5. Karen Barreto (PR)
** I mention the clubs above because I think this is one of the first
times that the top five places were from 5 different clubs/groups! Also
amazing is that this NAUCC is Michaela's first time competing.

Male:
1. Ryan Woessner
2. Kevin Gilbertson
3. Isaiah Leitz

Club Show
1. TCUC
2. Panther Pride Unicycle Team
3. WOW

Group Freestyle
1. Minnesota Magic (from TCUC)
2. Electro Boy (from TCUC)
3. Perfectoroonies (from Panther Pride)

Parade
1. RTUC & TCUC (tie)
3. WOW
4. The C.L.U.B.

Other events: Lots of other events and results. But one notable thing
was that Zack Baldwin cleared 95cm in the high jump.

I'll be missing the marathon, Trials, MUni as I'm off to Europe today
for the Alps Uni Tour.

Some other news:
NAUCC 2006: Memphis, TN in July. The originally announced dates of early
July may be changed depending on availability of venue.
New USA officers:
President: me
Vice-President: Tommy Thompson
Secretary: Scott Arnold
Treasurer: Steve Shields
Editor: Alan Tepper
new Director: Andrew Wrobel

Was Ryan's freestyle routine basically the same as last year, or has
he come up with something even better?

Ryan's routine is new. He had some brand new transitions and some new
variations on skills. I'm sure someone will be posting videos.

Connie

Old August 1st 05, 05:08 PM
Jethro

Thanks for posting the results, Connie.

Since Connie is in Europe, could someone else from TCUC (or anyone who
knows) tell me Minnesota Magic and ElectroBoy are?

--
Jethro - Pliny's Dolphin

©¿© Bill Hugo
Jethro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9413

Old August 1st 05, 05:58 PM
skate4flip

I just got back from NAUCC last night.

Zack Baldwin set a new high jump record at 95 cm. He tried for 97 cm and
got really close but didnt land it. Also, on sunday i am pretty sure he
won the trials competition because he completed 26 of 27 sections.

Jeff Groves jumped his BC wheel 71.5 cm (i think it was 71.5 i am not
totally sure though) in the high jump.

--
skate4flip - Level 5
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old August 1st 05, 06:07 PM
IsaacUnicycle

ya naucc was sweet! I was going for a meter over a bar and came really
close 3 times but do to an injury I got during a trials demo I couldnt
bend my knees enough to clear it. I'll just get it next year I guess.
Cant wait to see everyone next year!

Later, Zack

--
IsaacUnicycle - Isaac LeMasters Unicycling Videos !
IsaacUnicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9244

Old August 1st 05, 06:57 PM
vanman2004

skate4flip wrote:
*Zack Baldwin set a new high jump record at 95 cm. He tried for 97 cm
and got really close but didnt land it.*

Is that seat in or seat out? Static or rolling?

Doesn't someone jump higher than that in the defect trailer?

--
vanman2004 - ...
vanman2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9184