Upgrading Time - Drivetrain questions

Old August 29th 05, 01:55 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Upgrading Time - Drivetrain questions

William O'Hara wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. The chain was horrible. The strech was
really bad. I have a new chain on it right now.

It drops off the middle chainring and falls right off the small
chainring. It makes the sound garash... It makes a horrible
sound when I go up a hill with a lot of load. Shifting doesn't
have the same feel at all.

Everyone could hear me on the club ride. I was not well liked.

bill

---
William O'Hara

You need a der adjust, front and back,and maybe a chainwatcher, not a
new drivetrain.

Old August 29th 05, 11:35 PM
William O'Hara

I should have got more than 3600 out of them. I really was wondering
Put on a new chain. If the new chain skips on the rear cogs, you need
a new cassette; it it doesn't skip, your cassette is ok. The
chainrings are definitely ok.

I did 50 miles with the new chain on Sunday. Doesn't
skip in the back. It drops from middle chainring under
high torque. It also has shifted horrible. Some
adjustments prior to ride on Friday were made and
they didn't help much at all.

At this point I'm thinking that I will get a 12-26 or 12-27
cassette, if the store has it and stick with the triple
chainrings on order.

--
---
William O'Hara
Old August 30th 05, 01:01 AM
Jasper Janssen

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:35:47 -0500, "William O'Hara"
wrote:

I did 50 miles with the new chain on Sunday. Doesn't
skip in the back. It drops from middle chainring under
high torque. It also has shifted horrible. Some
adjustments prior to ride on Friday were made and
they didn't help much at all.

That's just weird. Dropping from the middle chainring is not really
something that can be ascribed to running with a worn chain, especially
since the cassette skipping -- which it doesn't -- is generally the first
thing that's affected (and my apologies for the earlier misdiagnosis). I
think you may have bumped into the front derailer while changing the
chain, changing the alignment in a non-obvious way. I'd say take it to the
shop.

Jasper
Old August 31st 05, 12:12 AM
William O'Hara

That's just weird. Dropping from the middle chainring is not really
something that can be ascribed to running with a worn chain,
especially since the cassette skipping -- which it doesn't -- is
generally the first thing that's affected (and my apologies for the
earlier misdiagnosis). I think you may have bumped into the front
derailer while changing the chain, changing the alignment in a
non-obvious way. I'd say take it to the shop.

Going tomorrow.. I hope anyways.. Now
the season is almost over.

--
---