the usual

Old January 2nd 08, 03:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ray

Default the usual

Good Afternoon People,
I wish to make a
complaint concerning the driver of the above vehicle, a late model Ford
Falcon registered as a taxi, concerning an incident at c. 10.15 this
morning at the intersection of Stud Road and Mockridge Street, Wantirna
South (Melway 73 H4).
I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when I passed the
taxi turning left out of the above named street into Stud Road. To give
the taxi a clear run, I veered slightly left out of the left lane into
the bus bay, expecting the driver would appreciate being given more than
ample space to pass without changing lanes.
This is not what happened at all. Instead, as I observed in my rear
vision mirror, the taxi veered sharply out of the left lane directly
towards me, then veered back onto the road with minimal clearance. This
was either stupidity of the first order, or downright malice. As a
licenced driver for over 25 years, and a cyclist for over 40 years (and
the bicycle is my vehicle of choice, not circumstance), this is
automatically filed as ADD, Another Dickhead Driver, and you can take it
as read that in 40 years I've seen it all.
I went directly to Wantirna South police complex, and after
commiserating with the desk officer that it was the taxi driver's word
against mine, and you can assume that the driver will lie blind, was
advised to send this email, which you can also see is going public
simultaneously.
Taxi drivers have a particular responsibility as drivers of public
vehicles to drive responsibly and safely. This driver at the very least
appears to be negligent on both counts.
Regards,

Ray Peace
Ferntree Gully
Old January 2nd 08, 04:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

"ray" wrote in message
u...
[...]

Contact the taxi company they work for and make a official complaint stating
that you have made a police report.

Old January 2nd 08, 04:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Owen

Well what you saw and thought, could have been completely different to
what the driver saw and did. he may in fact have performed a heroic
act in avoiding a collision with you, and be awarded the Meritorious
Drivers Medal (MDM) for his efforts.

You are probably lucky he didn't go and complain about a crazy cyclist
wandering and moving unpredictably on the road.

Anyway hope you feel better

Owen

Old January 2nd 08, 11:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_66_]

ray Wrote:
Good Afternoon People,
.............I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when
I passed the

Ray Peace
Ferntree Gully

Man, I wish I lived on Stud Road - ooohhhhh, the
delicious irony .........

--
monsterman

Old January 2nd 08, 11:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Jan 2, 9:17 pm, monsterman monsterman.32k...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
ray Wrote: Good Afternoon People,
.............I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when
I passed the

Ray Peace
Ferntree Gully

Man, I wish I lived on Stud Road - ooohhhhh, the
delicious irony .........

--
monsterman

You wouldn't have to cruise down there mate, you could just beckon
them over your fence!

Donga

Asher is Wrong As Usual Tom Kunich Racing 4 May 14th 07 07:54 AM
Saunders straight up as usual John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 6 May 1st 07 02:54 AM
a little bit of drizzle and the motoring world goes mad(der than usual) :-( gentlegreen UK 17 November 14th 05 08:51 PM
Is this usual? Tim Hall UK 10 March 9th 05 01:07 AM
As usual the obvious is missed dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 17 December 4th 04 06:28 PM