Saturday, June 21st RTL Lodging

Old June 5th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Default Saturday, June 21st RTL Lodging

Hello,
As many of you Ride The Lobster participates know, lodging is not
supplied for the Saturday after the race (June 21st). We have the
option of reserving a dorm bed for that night for like $28/person.
First I was wondering how many people are going to be doing this option
as I'd prefer to be with everyone else celebrating and all that.

Second, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a room with
me because it costs $45 per person for single rooms. And all of my
teamates will either be leaving Saturday or already have their lodging
with their significant other. Please let me know ASAP so we can figure
it out and reserve the beds we need. I'm a pretty laid back easy going
person that should get along with anyone! Or if you aren't planning on
staying in the dorms, rather a hotel, maybe I could even crash on the
floor or a rollaway bed or something?!

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formaly tuna6869)
'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old June 5th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

I already reserved a dorm bed at the college Saturday night and was told
that they couldn't guarantee who would share the room with me. I don't
mind if you want to ask them to put you in the same room as me.

--
phlegm
Old June 5th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I don't think Team Goonies has a place on Saturday night yet, so maybe
we can work something out with you and get a cheap room. I don't think
most of us really care about sharing a room or sleeping on the floor
either. Let me ask Joe, Spencer, and Steph about what they think or
had in mind for Saturday, but I think we could work something out.
Have you looked into the hotel rates as well? $28 a person for a dorm
bed seems steep where as having 5 people cram into a hotel room might
even be cheaper.

Also how many dorm beds are in a room at Baddeck? If there are 4 beds
in a room we might already have too many people to share a room, but if
there are 5 or 6 beds in rooms with cheaper rates then it is obviously
for the best to cram people together. I really haven't looked into the
lodging for the days before or after the race yet, I need to get on it!

--
siafirede

TEAM GOONIES - GUARANTEED TO FINISH THE #1 TEAM IN RTL
'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old June 5th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

I was told the $28 includes breakfast too!

--
phlegm
Old June 5th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
YuaNWA

Kind of wondering what time the festivities will end actually.

If everyone is planning to stay up till about 2-3am, then my team might
not even get accommodation since we plan to leave Baddeck early Sunday
morning.

--
YuaNWA
Old June 5th 08, 12:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

28$ a night isn't that much if it's including breakfast. Although maybe
that's cos I'm coming from a UK point of view; with the current
exchange rate, that'd be a pretty cheap night in the UK.

I'm in favour of staying in the place where the ****-up is, because
it's always easier to only have to walk a few hundred metres to
collapse, rather than having to get ourselves to some other place. I
suspect my legs will be quite tired.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
Old June 5th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Cr@p! How come I didn't hear about this?

I'm assuming you guys are talking about Halifax? ...or is this in
Baddeck?

I was hoping to spend the weekend after RTL in Halifax... partly
because the only way I know how to get back to Halifax is with my team
members Saturday morning.

But if you guys have other plans, let me know. I gotta fly out of
Halifax early Monday morning, and would love to hang out until then.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old June 5th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

This is at the Gaelic College near Baddeck. I'm not going directly back
to Halifax, so I can't offer you a ride. But I imagine you could find a
ride with someone.

--
phlegm
Old June 5th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

i thought there was going to be a big party in Baddeck on sat night. Or,
is everyone going back to halifax on saturday morning to return the
cars?

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old June 5th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

corbin wrote:
i thought there was going to be a big party in Baddeck on sat night. Or,
is everyone going back to halifax on saturday morning to return the
cars?

corbin

yeah I understood saturday night was ****up night too. At the Gaelic
College, where this accommodation people are talking about is I think.
Said something about it in one of the rtl emails I'm sure.

I'm flying out from Halifax late Sunday night, dunno quite how I'm
getting back to Halifax yet.

Joe