check your favorites list (gallery)

Old April 6th 04, 09:58 AM
forget_your_life

Default check your favorites list (gallery)

i just tried to go to my gallery by clicking on the same link in my
favorites list that ive used for the last 2 years and it didnt work.i
had to manually go through all the gallery pages to find mine again.i
made it a favorite once more and now it works for me.

i havent been to my gallery in awile so this could be old news but
annoying none the less.

--
forget_your_life - #3649 plus_your_life

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...nyjumping.gif]
dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old April 6th 04, 01:48 PM
Mojoe

I just noticed a couple days ago, that random orderz wouldn't open from
my favorites either. I just figured it had been deleated.

Mojoe
http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

--
Mojoe - DILLIGAF

Nothing to see here... move along.
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old April 6th 04, 01:49 PM
Sofa

if you title your gallery something, rather than keeping the assigned
number to it, it remains the same name

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'It really doesn't matter, because in a few years, you will have every
size made' - chirokid's response to 20" or 24"?

'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
*72* products

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.02

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old April 6th 04, 02:24 PM
fluffinator007

How do you add an album to your favorites list?

--
fluffinator007 - Expert UPD'ist

My image was voted out.
fluffinator007's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4757

Old April 6th 04, 05:04 PM
forget_your_life

Sofa wrote:
*if you title your gallery something, rather than keeping the assigned
number to it, it remains the same name *

it has worked the way it was for the last 2 years and all the other
gallery links i have in my favorites list still work........oh wait!
only some of them do now..? Steve Howards must have changed too.why why
why

does this mean that all the threads in the past i have linked to my
gallery in the past are now bunk and some links for others too?

Old April 6th 04, 05:13 PM
forget_your_life

and what happened to the gallery Search function?

Old April 6th 04, 07:30 PM
john_childs

forget_your_life wrote:
*and what happened to the gallery Search function? *

Gilby had to disable it because the gallery searches were bogging down
the server. The gallery software was not designed for such a large
collection of galleries. We've gone beyond what the software was
designed to do.

The searches were literally searching through a large text file of
gallery names and such to find a hit (dumb!). That is not an efficient
way to do a search. The next version of the gallery software is going
to use a real database as the backend rather than a flat text file
pretending to be a database. When development of the next version of
the gallery software is done and Gilby upgrades to the next version we
should get our gallery search back.

See http://gallery.menalto.com/ for development progress.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old April 8th 04, 10:32 PM
billham

I am very grateful for all those who work on making this system work. I
am easily confused by computer technology and the simplicity of using
the site is important to me. I hve learned much from this forum and the
gallery.

Thanks to all who put their time and talent into this work.

Extremely grateful,

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625