Maintenance videos

Old February 26th 04, 06:50 PM
Sky Fly

Default Maintenance videos

Hi,

I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories
of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with one
hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a
recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
mechanical knowledge to more than just being able
to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures
on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there
are any videos on the subject, or failing that
if there are any regular bike mechanic classes
held anywhere in the London area?

TIA,

--
Akin

aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

Old February 26th 04, 07:58 PM
Sam Salt

Sky Fly wrote:
Hi,

I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories
of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with one
hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a
recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
mechanical knowledge to more than just being able
to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures
on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there
are any videos on the subject, or failing that
if there are any regular bike mechanic classes
held anywhere in the London area?

TIA,

These do cycling maintenance videos.I have not used them myself so no
personal recommendations.

http://www.bikeinn.free-online.co.uk/front.htm

Sam Salt

---

Old February 26th 04, 09:14 PM
JohnB

Sky Fly wrote:

Hi,

I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories
of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with one
hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a
recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
mechanical knowledge to more than just being able
to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures
on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there
are any videos on the subject, or failing that
if there are any regular bike mechanic classes
held anywhere in the London area?

Have a look at:

http://www.cycletraining.co.uk/

They may have just what you are after.
I would think a course would be better than a video as you will be able
to be more specific about your own personal requirements - and you would
probably take your own bike.

John B
Old February 27th 04, 12:37 PM
james

"Sky Fly" wrote in message ...
on bike maintenance. Does anyone know ...
if there are any regular bike mechanic classes
held anywhere in the London area?

there are lots but I cannot find an online reference to all of them.
You could contact the LCC http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=282
and ask them or if you give an idea of area I might be able to suggest
one

best wishes
james