In the News: Basso says he has been approached by Discovery team

Old October 17th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jason Spaceman

Default In the News: Basso says he has been approached by Discovery team

From the article:
Associated Press Sports
Updated: 11:49 a.m. ET Oct 16, 2006

PARIS (AP) -Giro d'Italia winner Ivan Basso, looking to race again
after the Italian Olympic Committee recommended that doping
allegations against him be dropped, says he has been courted by Lance
Armstrong's former team, Discovery Channel.

"They made me a concrete proposal but I am open to other solutions,''
the Italian rider said in an interview published Monday by French
sports newspaper L'Equipe.

Read it at http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15290291/

Also see http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20061016_094200Dev.html

J. Spaceman
Old October 17th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jason Spaceman wrote:
From the article:
Associated Press Sports
Updated: 11:49 a.m. ET Oct 16, 2006

PARIS (AP) -Giro d'Italia winner Ivan Basso, looking to race again
after the Italian Olympic Committee recommended that doping
allegations against him be dropped, says he has been courted by Lance
Armstrong's former team, Discovery Channel.

"They made me a concrete proposal but I am open to other solutions,''
the Italian rider said in an interview published Monday by French
sports newspaper L'Equipe.

Read it at http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15290291/

Also see http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20061016_094200Dev.html

J. Spaceman

It's not the first time they approached him, but I wonder why he keeps
on declining their offer

Old October 17th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message om,
') wrote:

It's not the first time they approached him, but I wonder why he keeps
on declining their offer

Isn't that moderately obvious? He gave his answer in the same interview.

See one nuclear war, you've seen them all.