Just want to welcome you to European Masters Games 2008 in Malmö, Sweden!

Old September 13th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ALVA JENNY MARTIN

Default Just want to welcome you to European Masters Games 2008 in Malmö, Sweden!

This is a great opportunity to do what you love (cycling..) and
explore and enjoy a new (?) fantastic place - Malmö, Sweden! During 10
days we expect more than 10000 participants (European + 35 years) to
EMG 2008 in 28 different sports. Cycling will be a fantastic event
during the EMG 2008!

If you feel that August 2008 feels a bit distant you can always make
an expression of interest to keep in touch!

Have a look at http://www.emg2008.com - Hope to see you there!

Old September 13th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

ALVA JENNY MARTIN wrote:
This is a great opportunity to do what you love (cycling..) and
explore and enjoy a new (?) fantastic place - Malmö, Sweden! During 10
days we expect more than 10000 participants (European + 35 years) to
EMG 2008 in 28 different sports. Cycling will be a fantastic event
during the EMG 2008!

If you feel that August 2008 feels a bit distant you can always make
an expression of interest to keep in touch!

Have a look at http://www.emg2008.com - Hope to see you there!

Is there a BMI requirement?
Old September 13th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Dan Connelly schreef:
Is there a BMI requirement?

Good plan! BMI-graded categories!

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 13th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

On Sep 13, 10:46 am, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:
Dan Connelly schreef:

Is there a BMI requirement?

Good plan! BMI-graded categories!

--
E. Dronkert

Not BMI, but we have a racing category for people over 200 lbs called
Clydesdale:

http://www.epicsingletrack.com/defau...Race1/M3G.html

What I need is a cross category for people with pneumonia. I would be
pretty good at that right now.

Bret

Old September 13th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

http://www.epicsingletrack.com/defau...s2007/Race1/M3...

What I need is a cross category for people with pneumonia. I would be
pretty good at that right now.

Bret

I wonder if they actually weigh you before the event, or just take
your word for it that you're that heavy? I guess no one (no one with
any pride, anyway) would claim to be that heavy just to race with a
bunch of big guys (some overly muscled, some overly fed).

Old September 14th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

wrote:

Dan Connelly schreef:

Is there a BMI requirement?

Good plan! BMI-graded categories!

--
E. Dronkert

Not BMI, but we have a racing category for people over 200 lbs called
Clydesdale:

http://www.epicsingletrack.com/defau...s2007/Race1/M3...

What I need is a cross category for people with pneumonia. I would be
pretty good at that right now.

Bret

I wonder if they actually weigh you before the event, or just take
your word for it that you're that heavy? I guess no one (no one with
any pride, anyway) would claim to be that heavy just to race with a
bunch of big guys (some overly muscled, some overly fed).

I think there's people who would. Pride doesn't enter into it. A trophy's a
trophy, right?

--
tanx,
Howard

Faberge eggs are elegant but I prefer Faberge bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 14th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 14, 4:49 am, Howard Kveck wrote:
In article om,

wrote:

Dan Connelly schreef:

[...]

Maybe the most useful thing I learned in college was that some kids on
purpose did poorly on placement exams in the first week so they would
be placed in classes they could ace. Welcome to the real world.

I'm a Clydsdale and I've got the empties to prove it!

Joseph

Old September 14th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Dan Connelly schreef:

Is there a BMI requirement?

Good plan! BMI-graded categories!

--
E. Dronkert

Not BMI, but we have a racing category for people over 200 lbs called
Clydesdale:

http://www.epicsingletrack.com/defau...s2007/Race1/M3...

What I need is a cross category for people with pneumonia. I would be
pretty good at that right now.

Bret

Some of those guys didn't do that bad. That would be fun riding to win
rather than just finish sometime!

Joseph

VR in Sweden this Saturday David Dermott Rides 0 June 15th 05 07:05 PM
Sweden Frans Smulders Rides 3 April 19th 05 12:27 AM
Sweden simme666 Unicycling 57 November 23rd 04 11:38 PM
Åre, Sweden ~VIDEO~ p e t e f a g e r l i n Mountain Biking 13 August 23rd 04 04:05 AM
Masters Games Canberra November 03, anyone racing tony@canberra Australia 2 October 25th 03 12:37 AM