1000 miles: Britain's End to End

Old August 28th 05, 07:56 PM
joemc

Default 1000 miles: Britain's End to End

I live in Tenbury Wells, so if you need anything / place to stay whilst
you're in the area, give me a shout. You still have my phone no. from
Redbull?

--
joemc - mostly harmless
joemc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3389

Old August 29th 05, 08:55 AM
GILD

munidobs wrote:
*Yay! YAY!and yet thrice [ B ] _ Y A Y ! ! _ * for the awesome
power of the sundried banana.[/b]

is there a major difference between a 'sundried banana' and a 'dried
banana'?
i bought some from a greengrocer on the weekend but they only said
'dried banana'
they had banana chips as well
i'm very excited about this discovery
thru climbing i've had a couple of attacks of the exploding mushy banana
and it's not a nice feeling to put your hand into your back pack and
have it come out with something that looks like an episode of Fear
Factor
or to forget a banana or two in a day pack u're not going to use again
for another month or so
by which time they've grown ears

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old August 30th 05, 08:47 AM
munidobs

Gild,

If they are brown and chewy then they are probably just about the same
thing. I guess "Sundried" could conceivably be marketing-speak, but
there may be quicker, less "natural" methods of drying than leaving in
the sun.

Taste great though, don't they !

Chris

--
munidobs - Level - probably not !

"We have a firm commitment to Nato; we are a part of Nato. We have a
firm commitment to Europe. We are part of Europe." George Dubya
munidobs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8790

Old August 30th 05, 09:59 AM
GILD

they weren't quite brown but definately chewey
they were a bit softer than i expected
yeah, all the niceness of the banana taste wihtout any of the bits i
don't like
made for a very nice snack while driving to my saturday night gig and
back
(about an hour either way and after three hours of continuous
unicycling, the return trip was only after midnight of a day that
started waaay too early)
i needed the energy

Old August 30th 05, 10:43 AM
redwelly

Just off to get the train now...

Updates should come just as soon as they would have done, but I can't
change our website for the moment, as the nice people from the Water
company dug through our phone (and hence, internet) cable last week, and
won't fix it for days.

No dried bananas could be found, but we aren't doing much riding today -
sitting on trains will be the main feature of the trip today - 6
hours...

I've got places to stay for Tenbury now, thanks Joe.

Weee, we're off...

Sam

--
redwelly - End to Ender
redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518

Old August 30th 05, 11:17 AM
joemarshall

GILD wrote:
*
thru climbing i've had a couple of attacks of the exploding mushy
banana and it's not a nice feeling to put your hand into your back
pack and have it come out with something that looks like an episode of
Fear Factor or to forget a banana or two in a day pack u're not going
to use again for another month or so by which time they've grown ears
*

If you have banana problems, you need a banana guard.

http://www.bananaguard.com/

You can even get glow in the dark ones.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album483

Old August 30th 05, 12:04 PM
munidobs

joemarshall wrote:
*If you have banana problems, you need a banana guard.

http://www.bananaguard.com/

You can even get glow in the dark ones.

Joe *

Something else bulky to carry around with you and take up valuable
beer-space.

Oops ! Thread about Sam and his epic journey seems to have been
hijacked for banana related products.

Bon Voyage Sam.

Old August 30th 05, 12:05 PM
GILD

joemarshall wrote:
*If you have banana problems, you need a banana guard. *

i can hear the ad now

"if ure having banana problems i feel bad for u son
i've got 99 problems but the nana aint one"

Old August 31st 05, 08:03 AM
Klaas Bil

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:05:11 -0500, "GILD" wrote:

joemarshall wrote:
*If you have banana problems, you need a banana guard. *

i can hear the ad now

Yeah I was thinking that when banana problems were brought up in this
forum where sitting comfort is a recurring theme, it would nicely
blend in with the posts in which testicles are called boys, family
jewels, nuts, etc.

Actually I may come out some day with a hilarious list of euphemisms
used in RSU in discussing the saddle human interface.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Unicycling is like glue: you have to stick with it, and it's not to be sniffed at - Mikefule"