Favourite sports drink recipe?

Old July 23rd 03, 04:43 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Favourite sports drink recipe?

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:57:07 -0400, GRL wrote:

Not really a home-brew (it's a mix), but my favorite is Crystal Lite
grapefruit flavor. Very refreshing and tasty.

Along these lines, I recently noticed that my girlfriend's lemon-flavored
iced tea mix, which I think was Nestea brand, had a similar ingredient list
to Gu2o [the drink I like]. I'll bet it'd make a good, and very
inexpensive, sports drink.

If I want calories,gorp does the trick.

What is gorp?

--
Rick Onanian
Old July 23rd 03, 04:53 PM
Rick Onanian

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:59:42 GMT, Boyd Speerschneider
wrote:
Where can you buy pure dextrose in the USA?
All they have at the super market is sucrose.

Supermarkets around here have Fructose, also.

TIA,

- Boyd S.

--
Rick Onanian

Old July 24th 03, 02:15 AM
James Messick

Powered Walmart sports drink mix and water.

Old July 24th 03, 09:54 AM
Zoot Katz

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:43:16 -0400, ,
Rick Onanian wrote:

If I want calories,gorp does the trick.

What is gorp?

a.k.a. "trail mix" with nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
--
zk
Old July 24th 03, 10:32 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Rick Onanian writes:

Along these lines, I recently noticed that my girlfriend's lemon-flavored
iced tea mix

That's what I often use, except I get a cheaper bulk mix.
I've found it's best to mix it fairly thin, otherwise the
sugar content actually gets dehydrating for me.

Popping into a store and getting a nicely chilled bottle
of Snapple[tm] lemon iced tea is good, too. Better than
soda pop -- no phosphoric acid afterburn or cloying sweetness.

cheers,
Tom