Mont Ventoux anyone??

Old February 28th 08, 04:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Munro[_2_]

Default Mont Ventoux anyone??

Has anybody here ridden up Mont. Ventoux? Can you shed any light on your
experience at the time? I plan to do the trip later this year, and any
tips you might have on bike hire, decent local accomodation and any
other issues would be appreciated.

Cheers

--
Munro

Old February 28th 08, 06:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Feb 28, 1:54 pm, Munro Munro.35h...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Has anybody here ridden up Mont. Ventoux? Can you shed any light on your
experience at the time? I plan to do the trip later this year, and any
tips you might have on bike hire, decent local accomodation and any
other issues would be appreciated.

Done it twice, starting from Malaucene and Sault, but both times using
the Chalet Reynard route (cos we were early in the year and the
Malaucene/north approach was potentially closed with snow).

I'm not sure I'd want to do the ride on a hire bike. It is a fairly
tough day, more so the first time with a full camping load than the
time we did it on a unloaded "rest day". Our cheap hotel in Sault was
memorably grotty, presumably something to do with its popularity with
skinflint cyclists...

James
Old February 28th 08, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nat

On 28 Feb, 06:47, "
wrote:
On Feb 28, 1:54 pm, Munro Munro.35h...@no-

mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Has anybody here ridden up Mont. Ventoux? Can you shed any light on your
experience at the time? *I plan to do the trip later this year, and any
tips you might have on bike hire, decent local accomodation and any
other issues would be appreciated.

Done it twice, starting from Malaucene and Sault, but both times using
the Chalet Reynard route (cos we were early in the year and the
Malaucene/north approach was potentially closed with snow).

I'm not sure I'd want to do the ride on a hire bike. It is a fairly
tough day, more so the first time with a full camping load than the
time we did it on a unloaded "rest day". Our cheap hotel in Sault was
memorably grotty, presumably something to do with its popularity with
skinflint cyclists...

James

I've done it from Bedoin a few times, which is where they do races
from once a week. It is probably the hardest way up but blooming good.
I found it best first thing in the mornign before the sun and the have-
a-go riders come out.
Old February 28th 08, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dan Gregory

Munro wrote:
Has anybody here ridden up Mont. Ventoux? Can you shed any light on your
experience at the time? I plan to do the trip later this year, and any
tips you might have on bike hire, decent local accomodation and any
other issues would be appreciated.

I went up from Bédouin for the Tom Simpson Memorial Ride last year. I
hadn't ridden for several months until the day before so found it very
hard hard, but still
managed.http://picasaweb.google.com/djgregor...29584809781570
The local bike shop in Bédouin were very friendly and they rent all
kinds of bike from carbon framed road to VTT.
http://www.bedoin-location.com/index.htm#location_velo
http://www.bedoin-location.com/route.htm

I stayed at a camp site in my Kampervan but there are plenty of places
to stay.
Enjoy!
All the best
Dan Gregory
Old February 28th 08, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
normanwisdom

On Feb 28, 1:05 pm, Dan Gregory
wrote:
Munro wrote:
Has anybody here ridden up Mont. Ventoux? Can you shed any light on your
experience at the time? I plan to do the trip later this year, and any
tips you might have on bike hire, decent local accomodation and any
other issues would be appreciated.

I went up from Bédouin for the Tom Simpson Memorial Ride last year. I
hadn't ridden for several months until the day before so found it very
hard hard, but still
managed.http://picasaweb.google.com/djgregor...hoto?authkey=J...
The local bike shop in Bédouin were very friendly and they rent all
kinds of bike from carbon framed road to VTT.http://www.bedoin-location.com/index....com/route.htm

I stayed at a camp site in my Kampervan but there are plenty of places
to stay.
Enjoy!
All the best
Dan Gregory

Did it as a 100km Audax couple of years ago, start/finish in Buis les
B. Fairly steady ride with long slow ascent until Chalet Reynard (good
cafe in just the right spot!) then long steep steady slog past T
Simpsons memorial.
Spectacular fast descent and back in no time. Overall didn't seem such
a hard ride as expected.

chees
Jacob
Old February 29th 08, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Arthur Clune

Munro wrote:

Has anybody here ridden up Mont. Ventoux? Can you shed any light on your
experience at the time? I plan to do the trip later this year, and any
tips you might have on bike hire, decent local accomodation and any
other issues would be appreciated.

Accomadation/bike-hi

http://www.veloventoux.com/

It's a good ride. Enjoy it!

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

Mont Ventoux MartinM UK 12 April 3rd 06 09:26 PM
FA: Tacx Imagic Real Life Video- Mont Ventoux ClemSnide Marketplace 0 February 6th 06 01:47 PM
FA: Tacx Real Life Video- Mont Ventoux ClemSnide Marketplace 0 February 4th 06 12:22 AM
mont ventoux [email protected] UK 5 June 20th 05 08:27 PM