Anybody wants me, I'm at the races.

Old March 9th 13, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Anybody wants me, I'm at the races.

Anybody wants me, I'm at the races. Come join me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iditar...93084334057961
Old March 9th 13, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:52:06 PM UTC, Andre Jute wrote:
Anybody wants me, I'm at the races. Come join me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iditar...93084334057961

REPRINTED FROM ANOTHER FORUM:

"Still not too late. Jim Lanier, in 10th position at the halfway mark, is 73. I wonder what my cardiologist will say if I suddenly up and say I'm entering the Iditarod." -- Andre Jute

Or, Andre, you could do the Iditabike, which has been run since 1987, as described he http://sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/iditabike.htm
....And is still being run:
http://www.iditabike.com/
http://halfpastdone.com/2013/02/20/a...-of-iditabike/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGAia9NW_s

I see nothing to preclude you entering with the Kranich and its electrified front hub, and giving the rest of the field a run for their money. You've already got the Schwalbe Big Apples fitted and well run-in. I'm guessing a win here could be parlayed into more than a Bentley Turbo and pocket change; I'm betting on you and against the cardiologists -- Never count a good man out!

All the best,

Dan. (...who has faith and knows what he wants Andre to write about next)
Old March 9th 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Andre Jute:
Anybody wants me, I'm at the races. Come join me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iditar...93084334057961

You actually flew to Alaska?
--
Pete Cresswell
Old March 9th 13, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, March 9, 2013 10:18:40 PM UTC, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Andre Jute:

Anybody wants me, I'm at the races. Come join me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iditar...93084334057961

You actually flew to Alaska?

--

Pete Cresswell

I used to go annually between 1979 and 1989 for research for my novel,

Iditarod a novel of the Greatest Race on Earth
http://www.amazon.com/IDITAROD-novel...dp/B004GKMQE8/

I returned, this time virtually from my safe, comfortable Hermann Miller Mirra chair, in 2010 when the book was reissued, and have had an exciting holiday there every year. Check out the videos on this page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iditar...93084334057961

You can't get that much information by going there. Remind me to tell you sometime about surviving three plane crashes, on the same day... It's a right dangerous place, Alaska, and I'm very attached to my life.

Andre Jute
Old March 10th 13, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

I'm either at Sebring or in the Keys kayaking for dolphin.

Leave a message maybe I'll call.
Old March 10th 13, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:15:20 AM UTC, datakoll wrote:
I'm either at Sebring or in the Keys kayaking for dolphin.

Leave a message maybe I'll call.

How exciting. I would have thought fishing for dolphins from a kayak a sure recipe for getting wet then they pull the twee thing over as they try to dislodge the hook.
Old March 10th 13, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Mar 9, 6:58 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:15:20 AM UTC, datakoll wrote:
I'm either at Sebring or in the Keys kayaking for dolphin.

Leave a message maybe I'll call.

How exciting. I would have thought fishing for dolphins from a kayak a sure recipe for getting wet then they pull the twee thing over as they try to dislodge the hook.

He doesn't go to wrestle with them - just talk.
Old March 10th 13, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:45:19 AM UTC, Dan O wrote:
On Mar 9, 6:58 pm, Andre Jute wrote:

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:15:20 AM UTC, datakoll wrote:

I'm either at Sebring or in the Keys kayaking for dolphin.

Leave a message maybe I'll call.

How exciting. I would have thought fishing for dolphins from a kayak a sure recipe for getting wet then they pull the twee thing over as they try to dislodge the hook.

He doesn't go to wrestle with them - just talk.

Thanks for the translation, Dan. With Gene you never know what it is he's trying to tell you. -- Andre Jute
Old March 11th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

this is a humor page not a life or death competition.

I looked at Alaska for Beluga. Gov pdf enlightened Indians killed Beluga off in a back to nature phase brought on by excessive CHOH and ? consumption.

Its EXPESNIVE. Alaskans tell me they cannah go outback nomore due to $$$

Summmer could run 35K !

Beluga are in upper Hudsons Bay, difficult to get to.

The dolphin like me. We know each other from my beach running curing a lung ingfection. The pod once came right up on the beach to wag n squeel HIYA HIYA HIYA.

As you may know, there are 2 people speaking with birds in Western Civ .

There's a route see map from Flamingo to Long Key straight or via 2 middle keys. Wind one way wait get wind the other way.

Shallow, sandbars. Use a GPS. Waves kick up but not over 3' With columnar thunderstorm n sea life itsa good trip.

I doahn get to work the bike in until summer up to Apalachicola/St George /St Marks where doplhin families congregate, The bay in the Bend is also shallow with fresh water springs

to mmy SURPRISE I found I could telepath audible whistles to Orca at 1 mile with Orca responding. No transducer necesssary.

I'm out on the cawsway lookin for the comet but too much Gulf haze.

If the weather is baaaad I'll try Sebring. Itsa grotty little place n I'm back from Laguna Seca. There's a drought on n I have emphysema. Wear 3 dust mask until the brakes bed in.

I'm loaded for kayak drills tomorrow.
Old March 11th 13, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

there is a very tasty fish called dolphin otherwise mahe mahe. In the lobster class baked in foil over coals

the kayak fishermen I spoke with are overjoyed. a grpwing hobby

headset races: how bad is too bad? [email protected] Techniques 16 June 8th 06 10:47 AM
VDB Races!! B. Lafferty Racing 13 March 30th 06 07:15 PM
Cat 2 only races? Andrew F Martin Racing 8 October 20th 05 06:56 AM
BNE races? Tamyka Bell Australia 20 June 29th 05 11:46 AM
Fun races MattB Mountain Biking 3 August 27th 03 01:48 PM