Cyclist education

Old November 25th 05, 01:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Cyclist education

alison_b wrote:

It would all be so much easier if the self-proclaimed net-police would
issue a list of allowable topics for discussion. Perhaps some ideas
suitably screened before release on the community would suffice.

ali

What a great idea. Can I kick the list off by suggesting that there
should be no further joking about Bronwyn Bishop.

[apologies to those who had almost forgotten her]

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old November 25th 05, 01:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle

alison_b Wrote:
It would all be so much easier if the self-proclaimed net-police would
issue a list of allowable topics for discussion. Perhaps some ideas
suitably screened before release on the community would suffice.

ali

For 'forum' users, here's an old classic to remind us:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

--
cfsmtb

Old November 25th 05, 01:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2005-11-25, Peter McCallum wrote:
What a great idea. Can I kick the list off by suggesting that there
should be no further joking about Bronwyn Bishop.

Suits me just fine. If you'll excuse me, I just need to duck out and
grab a whiteboard ... I hear Ros Kelly is selling them cheap these days.

Old November 25th 05, 03:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Stuart Lamble wrote:
Suits me just fine. If you'll excuse me, I just need to duck out and
grab a whiteboard ... I hear Ros Kelly is selling them cheap these days.

Don't forget to get a REALLY BIG whiteboard, that's the only way to be
sure it is of ministerial quality.

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old November 25th 05, 10:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:28:35 +1100, Terry Collins wrote:

That is different.
I was thinking more of idiots who post oppressive ideas and say "but I
don't believe in them" We can do without those ideas in the ether.

Ah. Right. We don't joke *about*, we joke *straight at*. Let's not avoid
them, but point every bit of derision we can right at them.

And **** 'em if they call it sedition.

--
Dave Hughes |
"Hey, watch the 'fro" - Danny Glaze

Old November 25th 05, 10:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:28:37 +1000, Peter McCallum wrote:

What a great idea. Can I kick the list off by suggesting that there should
be no further joking about Bronwyn Bishop.

Now you've mentioned one semi-forgotten figure of of fun, everyone will be
apiary-ing you.

Old November 25th 05, 10:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:27:47 +1000, Peter McCallum wrote:

You mean like "Stop laughing, this is serious!"? I didn't know snot came
in 9 colours, only 9 flavours.

More or less. If anyone's curious, news.google should give some answers.
And the 9 colours of snot was a Des Mangan description of a Jackie Chan
movie - Drunken Master IIRC.

Old November 26th 05, 12:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Random Data wrote:

And **** 'em if they call it sedition.

Wrong end of the stick.
The nation/religion/organisation/person that can not laugh at itself is
going down.

Cyclist attacked in road rage incident. [email protected] UK 40 November 6th 05 09:09 PM
Head on bike crash kills cyclist.... mrbubl General 12 August 20th 05 09:38 PM
Helped fellow cyclist with loose crank. [email protected] General 0 August 20th 05 07:23 PM
Cyclist rant: back in black John UK 1099 March 18th 05 11:09 AM
Cyclist killed in King's Lynn - hit & run dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 20 December 17th 03 04:36 PM