Sunday Mail report on nasty prang in Perth

Old November 23rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Sunday Mail report on nasty prang in Perth

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I'm still looking for a squeaky toy. None of the local shops have
them which surprises me as you'd think you could find anything in a
street full of two dollar shops.

Try a pet shop, or the pet section of your supermarket.

Old November 23rd 06, 02:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Aeek wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:30:39 GMT, Parbs wrote:

Aeek wrote:
I put the reflector back on after a race but I've yet to find a bell
that will fit the standard oversized bars and isn't a pain.
Could care less about cool, its a Giant after all.

http://www.bbbparts.com/products/acc...hers/bbb12.htm

Parbs

Now to find a LBS or webmerchant that carries it.

I've got one and it is a piece of crap. I reckon I could get better
sound from banging a large nail against my frame. Even if somebody was
to hear it, they wouldn't recognise it as a bell.

DaveB
Old November 23rd 06, 03:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
eddiec

Aeek wrote:
I put the reflector back on after a race but I've yet to find a

bell
that will fit the standard oversized bars and isn't a pain.
Could care less about cool, its a Giant after all.

http://www.bbbparts.com/products/acc...hers/bbb12.htm

Parbs

Now to find a LBS or webmerchant that carries it.

I've got one and it is a piece of crap. I reckon I could get better
sound from banging a large nail against my frame. Even if somebody was
to hear it, they wouldn't recognise it as a bell.

DaveB

You sure it's not faulty? Mine works like a treat - sounds like a bell,
looks like a bell, feels like a bell.... doesn't do much against iPod
wearers, but then nothing except a sonic boom will for many of them.

--
eddiec

Old November 23rd 06, 08:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf

Zebee Johnstone wrote in
:

I'm still looking for a squeaky toy. None of the local shops have
them which surprises me as you'd think you could find anything in a
street full of two dollar shops.

So find a suitable squeaky toy and a hoseclamp, problem solved!

Zebee
- wondering if anyone does a squeaky toy of a sloth

If memory isn't playing tricks, I saw some squeaky toys to go on bikes at
Cheeky Monkey in Newtown. And my wife reckons she saw some at Inner City
Cycles in Glebe.

--
beerwolf
(To reply by email, remove numbers from my address)