RAGBRAI

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 22nd 08, 09:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
bluezfolk

Default RAGBRAI

On Jul 21, 9:36 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Well, it is that time of year again when Ragbrai rages over the State of
Iowa. I do not know which is more stupid. Ragbrai or the Tour de France. One
is all about touring and the other is all about racing. You have got to be
crazy to do either.

I like week long organized bike tours but Ragbrai is an abomination. It is
simply too large. It is well organized for such a large ride, but - damn
it - it is just too large. It will range up to 10,000 riders are certain
days. The kind of folks who do Ragbrai are basically brainless. They simply
do not know what a good bike tour is like. I fell sorry for the poor slobs.

But hey, you like to stand in line for basic services, be my guest. No
wonder everyone is drinking themselves drunk on Ragbrai. Hells Bells, I
would too. It is the only way to survive this horror known as RAGBRAI.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

At least their not doping, and bringing discredit to the sport.

RAGBRAI bluezfolk General 67 July 30th 08 04:49 AM
RAGBRAI bluezfolk Mountain Biking 33 July 29th 08 03:14 AM
RAGBRAI 2007 Mike A Schwab UK 7 August 6th 07 04:17 AM
Ragbrai wayde is a pirate Unicycling 2 May 24th 07 12:43 AM
Ragbrai? onewheeling Unicycling 3 March 26th 07 06:56 PM