London Cyclist

Old August 5th 05, 04:26 PM
John Hearns

Default London Cyclist

The editor of London Cyclist is looking for quirky anecdotes.
Please reply to Rebecca if you can think of some good snippets
for the next issue.
Email: londoncyclist hotmail com
(fill in the at and the dot)

Hello everyone,

I shall be doing most of the next issue of London Cyclist - Oct/Nov 2005 -
and am asking you to keep an eye open for quirky snippets about cycling,
cyclist or (apologies to the car users among you) off the wall insights into
the strange psyche of the driver. Here's the sort of thing I'm after...

From the BBC website 7 Jul 2005
Bush bruised in bicycle crash George Bush has collided with a police officer
during a bike ride on the
grounds of the Scottish hotel hosting the G8 summit. The US president
suffered scrapes on his hands and arms and was treated by
Old August 5th 05, 04:49 PM
wafflycat

"John Hearns" wrote in message
news
Hello everyone,

I shall be doing most of the next issue of London Cyclist - Oct/Nov 2005 -
and am asking you to keep an eye open for quirky snippets about cycling,
cyclist or (apologies to the car users among you) off the wall insights
into
the strange psyche of the driver. Here's the sort of thing I'm after...

Well some of us cycle and drive - but not at the same time ;-)

The one that gets me every time is when approaching a pinch point in a road
on my bike, I'll 'take the lane' to use that quaint Leftpondian phrase. I
never fail to be impressed by the number of motorised total pillocks who
seem to think that if they breathe in, the sides of their car will also
breathe in, allowing them just enough space to squeeze by me.. then the look
of 'Oh bugger@ when they realise they have to brake after all as no, the
sides of their car do *not* narrow ....

Cheers, helen s