Brisbane centuries

Old October 8th 03, 06:51 AM
aeon16

Default Brisbane centuries

Hello all.

Brisbanites! I call on you!

Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did
you start from, finish, etc?

Old October 8th 03, 07:55 AM
bigW

aeon16 wrote:
Hello all.
Brisbanites! I call on you!
Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did
you start from, finish, etc?

havent done one myself but check out this web site
http://www.audax.org.au/

Old October 9th 03, 04:55 AM
Bruce Dickson

aeon16 wrote in message ...
Hello all.

Brisbanites! I call on you!

Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did
you start from, finish, etc?

I'm a member of Hamilton Pine Rivers Wheelers
(www.hamiltonwheelers.com) They run one every year usually in July.
Starts and finishes in Petrie and goes north to Caboolture and
Landsborough. It takes around 6 hours.

Bruce Dickson

Everyone wants to climb on a 900 gram frameset, but nobody wants to
descend on one.
Ernesto Colnago

Old October 10th 03, 07:57 AM
Laurence Dodd

In 2000 I rode 30Km from home at Kingston (Logan) to South Bank (Brisbane)
(rested half hour till next bit), rode the 50km BQ Bike Week ride, (rested
half hour or so) then rode home. Average speed while riding was probably
about 15 or 17km/h.

In 1998 I rode from home to Thunder birdpark Tamborine Mountain, (rested
hour or so) and home again (100km total in 6 hours rding time).

Old October 31st 03, 01:25 AM
Shockproof

Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did
you start from, finish, etc?

Hey,

The BBTA does 100k+ rides fairly often(but not regularly). Ive been on a
few of them, it generally seems to take about 6 or so hours to complete,
depends on how fast you ride really. Ive been known to take 7 or 8
hours to do it, but just over 5 is my fastest time. Im no racer..yet