New England Centuries

Old March 10th 05, 07:43 PM
Bob M

Default New England Centuries

Anyone know of an online source telling when and where centuries will be
this year in New England (nearer CT the better)? I googled and found some
old webpages but nothing that's been updated for a while. I know of the
two Sound Cyclists events (one's a "metric" century), and will be riding
both, but I'd like to throw in another century or two in there.

Thanks!

--
Bob in CT
Old March 10th 05, 07:45 PM
Bob M

"Near" New England centuries, as technically New York and New Jersey
aren't in New England but are close enough for me to drive there.

Old March 10th 05, 11:21 PM
Roy Zipris

On www.suburbancyclists.org, click on "Non-SCU Calendar." Our webmaster
does a wonderful job of keeping track of and listing events in the
general Mid-Atlantic and near Northeast, including NY, NJ and
Connecticut.

Is eastern PA (near Philadelphia) too far? I think that SCU gets riders
from Conn down to Virginia for its two big rides, the Quad County on
May 1, and the Lake Nockamixon Century on August 28. My other club,
Central Bucks Bike Club, www.cbbikeclub.org, likewise gets riders from
all over for its Covered Bridges ride in October.

All three rides are over beautiful terrain, and both clubs do an
excellent job of support. --Roy Zipris

Old March 11th 05, 01:35 AM
Arthur Harris

"Bob M" wrote:
"Near" New England centuries, as technically New York and New Jersey
aren't in New England but are close enough for me to drive there.

For New York events, try:

http://www.nybc.net/clubs/calendar/

http://www.sbraweb.org/events.htm

http://www.massparkbikeclub.org/hamptons.html

http://www.huntingtonbicycleclub.org...coast_2004.htm

Art Harris

Old March 11th 05, 01:10 PM
Bob M

On 10 Mar 2005 15:21:04 -0800, Roy Zipris wrote:

On www.suburbancyclists.org, click on "Non-SCU Calendar." Our webmaster
does a wonderful job of keeping track of and listing events in the
general Mid-Atlantic and near Northeast, including NY, NJ and
Connecticut.

Is eastern PA (near Philadelphia) too far? I think that SCU gets riders
from Conn down to Virginia for its two big rides, the Quad County on
May 1, and the Lake Nockamixon Century on August 28. My other club,
Central Bucks Bike Club, www.cbbikeclub.org, likewise gets riders from
all over for its Covered Bridges ride in October.

All three rides are over beautiful terrain, and both clubs do an
excellent job of support. --Roy Zipris

No, Eastern PA isn't too far. Thanks for the links.

--
Bob in CT
Old March 11th 05, 01:10 PM
Bob M

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:35:17 -0500, Arthur Harris wrote:

"Bob M" wrote:
"Near" New England centuries, as technically New York and New Jersey
aren't in New England but are close enough for me to drive there.

For New York events, try:

http://www.nybc.net/clubs/calendar/

http://www.sbraweb.org/events.htm

http://www.massparkbikeclub.org/hamptons.html

http://www.huntingtonbicycleclub.org...coast_2004.htm

Art Harris

Thanks, Art.

--
Bob in CT
Old March 11th 05, 08:16 PM
Peter Cole

wrote:

Anyone know of an online source telling when and where centuries

will be
this year in New England (nearer CT the better)? I googled and

found
some old webpages but nothing that's been updated for a while. I

know
of the two Sound Cyclists events (one's a "metric" century), and

will be
riding both, but I'd like to throw in another century or two in

there.

Check out the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen http://www.nbwclub.org/
"links" page, they have tons of clubs/orgs web sites listed, many of
those show organized centuries on their event calendars

Old March 12th 05, 12:32 AM

Hey Bob,
Check out the Sevenhills Wheelmen site. We do a century in June
aroung the Quabbin Resevoir and one in October for the Major Taylor
Association.Both of these are in MA. There are some good links on the
site for other bike groups also.

Old March 12th 05, 12:44 AM

I liked some of the rides on the NBW site.

Old March 12th 05, 03:13 PM
Ray

Info from http://www.suburbancyclists.org/:

Sun. May 15: Montauk Century, Long Island, NY. Five Borough Bicycle Club
http://www.5bbc.org/montauk.shtml

Sun. June 12: Cyclefest, Bethel, CT. Ride 4, 16, 25, 50, 78, or 103 miles.
Ride on Scenic routes through Fairfield and Litchfield counties over rolling
to hilly terrain. Hat City Cyclists.
http://www.hatcitycyclists.org/cyclefest2.htm

Annual centuries resources listed:
http://www.geocities.com/ne_century_rides/calendar.html