BR17 (no it's not a typo)

Old October 6th 04, 12:48 PM
tonykara

Default BR17 (no it's not a typo)

ive decided that spending $75 on a mild case of hypothermia is just no
worth it. extended BR sounds good to me.

what if we head up Eltham-Yarra Glen Rd and keep going till we ge
bored find somewhere nice to get a bite and then turn around? its go
to be better than a soggy sandwich and a smelly tug boat ride

--
tonykara

Old October 6th 04, 01:33 PM
flyingdutch

tonykara Wrote:
ive decided that spending $75 on a mild case of hypothermia is just not
worth it. extended BR sounds good to me.

what if we head up Eltham-Yarra Glen Rd and keep going till we get
bored find somewhere nice to get a bite and then turn around? its got
to be better than a soggy sandwich and a smelly tug boat ride.

but its still unmade according to (above) report and i emailed my mate
who lives out there and he confirmed they have only done about 20% of
what we rode that last time...

So what happens if we continue to Panton Hill and go on from there?

--
flyingdutch

Old October 7th 04, 03:00 AM
tonykara

eltham yarra glen road is the road to panton hill, st andrews is th
next suburb. i would be in on that

did you see the forecast for sunday....fine and sunny 24...unbelievabl

--
tonykara

Old October 7th 04, 04:33 AM
kyra

tonykara Wrote:
eltham yarra glen road is the road to panton hill, st andrews is th
next suburb. i would be in on that

did you see the forecast for sunday....fine and sunny 24...unbelievable

so am I the only nuffey doing the full ATB next weekend?!

also, i can't make it to this sunday's ride as i'll be waking up with
massive hangover in geelong

--
kyra

Old October 7th 04, 04:43 AM
flyingdutch

kyra Wrote:
so am I the only nuffey doing the full ATB next weekend?!

also, i can't make it to this sunday's ride as i'll be waking up with
massive hangover in geelong!

How organised are you???

First you kno your gonna have a hangover (OK, that bit's easy enuff t
understand...)
Then, you know beforehand which suburb you are gonna wakeup in.

Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on
Sunday mornin... :rolleyes

--
flyingdutch

Old October 8th 04, 02:54 PM
Geoff

"DaveB" wrote in message
I know it's a week early but was wondering if anyone is planning on doing
BR17 seeing it's on the day of ATB. I'm still undecided. I've entered the
100km from Sorrento but I'm having second thoughts about what sort of
treatment my bike is gonna get in the bus from Docklands to the start. If
nobody is doing BR17 then I'll get some bubble wrap and protect the bike as
best I can, and maybe carry the wheels on my lap in the bus (doesn't sound
too comfortable).

DaveB

Dave
If they haven't already got it somewhere on their website, you could always
try calling BV to get the answer to your bike transport question.

I won't be out that weekend for either BR or ATBIAD. :-(
Instead I'll be out in the Grampians doing the Mt William climb :-) Only
thing is the company won't be quite the same as compared to doing the BR.

Geoff

Old October 8th 04, 03:46 PM
B.T.

"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a
Sunday mornin... "

That just gave me a scary flashback!!!

Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!

--
B.T.

Old October 11th 04, 10:25 PM
flyingdutch

B.T. Wrote:
"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on
Sunday mornin...

That just gave me a scary flashback!!

Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!

So, 2 loops or another alternative?

Kinglake and beyond?
St Andrews and...
dont know this neck of the woods too well
so suggest awa

--
flyingdutc

Old October 12th 04, 04:20 AM
kyra

B.T. Wrote:
"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a
Sunday mornin... "

That just gave me a scary flashback!!!

Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!

haha, not quite... wedding was in geelong and we stayed down there...
was absolutely blind but woke up without a hangover! GOLD.

who is actually in for ATB on sunday?

--
kyra

Old October 12th 04, 08:11 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
B.T. Wrote:

"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a
Sunday mornin... "

That just gave me a scary flashback!!!

Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!

So, 2 loops or another alternative?

Kinglake and beyond?
St Andrews and...
dont know this neck of the woods too well
so suggest away

I'm in for this weekend. Decided I'd rather do the BR than the half
round the bay (despite having paid already). But Kinglake and beyond ai
yai. I might make it to St Andrews and turn back to Hurstrbridge. I'm
not real keen on the St Andrews to Kinglake rd anyway, too dangerous
with cars for my liking, although I'm sure there'd be some new speed
records set for the Kinglake down to Whittlesea hill.

DaveB

Probike Typo MSA UK 6 November 25th 04 01:24 PM
Velonews typo MagillaGorilla Racing 6 November 16th 04 10:42 PM
Velonews typo MagillaGorilla Racing 0 November 16th 04 01:03 PM