Should we make people pass a cycling/motorcycle test before a drivingtest?

Old October 19th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Should we make people pass a cycling/motorcycle test before adriving test?

Halmyre wrote:
In article 1701542f-8513-4f7d-a520-59d2488c1477
@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com, says...
On Oct 12, 11:31 am, Halmyre wrote:
In article , says...
motorists, who kill
and maim far greater numbers of people and destroy communities
and ecosystems far more effectively than bicyclists do.
_Jym_
Try as I might, I can't think of one single community or ecosystem that I've
destroyed. Please provide more details, I could do with a laugh.

Do you deny the wanton ecosystem destruction
caused every day by thoughtless mountain bikers ?

Not surprising that you would wish to ignore it I guess.

On the contrary, I am appalled by the damage done to the ecosystem by
mountain bikes.

Drinking Kool-Aid at Mikey Vandeman's place?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old October 20th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default the letter S for stupid

On Oct 16, 11:09*am, Geoff Lane wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:36:30 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
On Oct 12, 5:08 pm, "alan.holmes" wrote:
"BOFH" wrote in message

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

Simply some people should not be driving!

uk.rec.driving

meet the obsessed, militant footsoldiers you share the road with.

I think you all need to talk this through

ALL car drivers shold have to ride a cycle for at least a year on the road
every day before getting a driving licence for a car.

Alan

And then if the survive they'll get points toward the Driver's
License. Makes sense.

It also makes sense that we adopt the British system by which the new
licensees get to bear the letter L for learner. And then if they never
learn they should bear the letter S for stupid.

A lot of them in America.

A lot of the trolls on uk.rec.cycling think that all motorists (except
them) should bear the letter "C" for "c**t". *Not that they'll ever
admit it, of course.- Hide quoted text -

I think motorists are somewhere between down the path of evolution,
past the SUV (alpha monkey) but not fully evolved (civilized man on
bicycle).

http://images.cafepress.com/product/...x240_Front.jpg
Old October 25th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default Should we make people pass a cycling/motorcycle test before ad...

...And based on many of the wayward cyclists I've seen in my many years
on the road, some shouldn't even be riding.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use: